Hunt Warz???

Mbogo

Just what we F'ing need, a "competition" between hunters.
It feels like there are some forces at work that soley want to make money on the industry and do little to nothing to improve it's image.

SFW and Hunt Warz Put the "Hunt" Back in Hunting​

Hunters – Apply to Participate by June 15

SFW is proud to announce its partnership with Hunt Warz - the world's first level-playing-field hunting competition designed to put the “HUNT” back in hunting. Everyday hunters compete in teams of two, same week, same area, DIY with no prior scouting to see which team has the skill set or luck to succeed. Teams are randomly selected through an application process to compete for big prizes and a hunt of a lifetime. Film crews document the hunt from each team's perspective resulting in must watch TV.

“We’re very excited to be collaborating with Hunt Warz in the production of this unique competition among hunters,” said Troy Justensen, SFW President. "We encourage hunters across the country to apply to become a participant."

a3757727-9e2b-45cd-1842-75766fcc2640.png

Hunt Warz Season 2 is Searching for Hunter Participants. Selected Hunt Warz players will be allowed to choose a hunting partner and will have their respective hunt paid for by the show in return for being part of the “cast.” Learn more and apply now at HuntWarz.com.

Season 2 will feature:

• 2 Rifle Antelope Teams
  • 4 Archery Elk Teams
  • 4 Rifle Mule Deer Teams
  • 2 Duck Hunting Teams
Hunt Warz Season 2 enters production in August 2021.
Apply to participate by June 15th.

Watch Season 1 here.

More information on the series can be found at Facebook.com/HuntWarz, Instagram.com/HuntWarz, and at HuntWarz.com.

It is interesting that they "need" contestants.

Almost as if the "Alphas" of hunting are afraid to sign up an show their lack of skill?

I mean how about Chester and Casey vs MTN ops?

WLH vs Doyle's crew?

You'd think this is the ultimate opportunity to make yourself the ALPHA,.

Other than that, it's about what you expect from $FW.

IM SURE their deep pocket dudes are signing up right now to prove how badass they are without guides and finders fees?????????

QUOTE="elkassassin, post: 1959770, member: 1706"]
Hey Hossy!

I Just Signed You Up!

You Using any of Your Technology?
Hey Hossy!

I Just Signed You Up!

Or Not?

My 30 yr old 06' shooting corelokts, mounted with a Vari X I. Rocking the buck 112 I got 35 yrs ago.

Now I will warn you, I am rocking a pair of 10x40 Diamond backs, so I'll be ahead of the curve

They've Up-Graded Since The Core-Lokts!

Just Letting You Know................!

QUOTE="elkassassin, post: 1959770, member: 1706"]
Hey Hossy!

I Just Signed You Up!

My 30 yr old 06' shooting corelokts, mounted with a Vari X I. Rocking the buck 112 I got 35 yrs ago.

Now I will warn you, I am rocking a pair of 10x40 Diamond backs, so I'll be ahead of the curve

They wouldn't do it if there wasn't a market for it.

Used to be, you shared your hunt and your kill with family and friends. Now you can jump on the internet, Facebook and Instagram and share it with the world. I think a lot of guys crave the recognition and attention. That's not to say you shouldn't be proud of your accomplishments. I just think it causes some guys to focus on the recognition instead of the simple joy of hunting.

So, how does it work.?
Is it first to kill wins.? (Like a limited quota area.)
Highest boone n crockett score? (Like a big buck contest.)
Maybe, longest shot.? (Best of the West or Extreme Outer Limits)

This show is just the next step in the strange progression of "hunting". Im afraid 'Professional Hunters' will kill our sport. Even those I like.

I agree that it sends the wrong message about hunting. I think it's both good and bad for hunting to be honest. I'm not a big fan of it however. It seems with Randy Newberg (who I like) and Meat Eater, to some of the flat brimmer's like HUSHIN, Mtn ops, Cameron Hanes, that hunting is much more popular than it used to be even with people that don't actually hunt, which is good and bad in my opinion. I'm okay if it was how it was 25 years ago, but it's not. However, if someone asks me to be there hunting partner I'm there.? I'm not paying a hundred bucks to apply though.

Just when you think it can’t get any worse, it does. I’m kind of glad I’m near the end of my hunting life. It’s a different world than the one I’ve enjoyed for over sixty years.Does everything have to be about competition and money.

This is a push in the wrong direction. Who thought this one through?! Hunting isnt a competitive sport, it’s a sacred primal right and the anti’s will love the fuel from this circus show. They’re already trying hard to ban (or already have in some states ) competition predator hunting, don’t portray hunting as a competition.

go join your local softball team if you wanna man-hug and be the winner....keep the hunt in hunting.

Back in the day, me and my buddy had a competition for duck hunting. We assigned a point value for the different species of ducks and geese. For example a Mallard was worth 10 points and on down to 1 point for a Butterball. The person with the least number of points at the end of the season bought the other guy dinner.

And another twist we had was for every bird we killed we sent Ducks Unlimited $.10 and for every bird we crippled but failed to retrieve we sent $.25 to DU. We seldom hunted together so it was on the honor system.

That's gonna be a tough one to get around . . .

How It Works

Your $100 application fee gets you one entry for a chance to be selected as a Hunt Warz competitor.

June 15, 2021 is the deadline for all applications. On June 16, 2021 We will select 12 names at random.

Those people will be contacted and asked to select their hunt partner. We will set up a zoom call with the team and go over the details.

If you are drawn, the hunt for you and your hunting buddy is fully paid for.

Win your match and take home thousands in prizes!

Don't miss your opportunity to put your skills to the test.

Apply today and be entered in all future giveaways this season.

Must be 18 or older to apply.

So if you are a contestant , How do you win a "hunt war"?
You could go watch season 1 and find out.

They have aired several episodes. They go by score of the animal killed, in the first season they have docked points for longer shots. The first hunt a New Mexico archery elk hunt neither team killed so they had a shoot off. In the second hunt a Arizona late season archery deer hunt both teams missed nice bucks and then one team killed a dink on the last evening and won. As a first run its got some work but the concept has been interesting and so far has been entertaining. Just normal everyday guys that have been dropped into a hunting situation and have to try and get it done.

I can tell most have not looked into what it is other then what they have read on this post. Most of you hate it just for the fact that SFW is now a sponsor.

I watched a couple episodes, last night, I agree with Jake that they were dropped off in some tough situations, not much success. I do not watch hunting shows unless one of you guys post something about it. Most of these reality shows seem to start off this way in season one, by season two the drama starts, by season Four it becomes unwatchable

You could go watch season 1 and find out.

They have aired several episodes. They go by score of the animal killed, in the first season they have docked points for longer shots. The first hunt a New Mexico archery elk hunt neither team killed so they had a shoot off. In the second hunt a Arizona late season archery deer hunt both teams missed nice bucks and then one team killed a dink on the last evening and won. As a first run its got some work but the concept has been interesting and so far has been entertaining. Just normal everyday guys that have been dropped into a hunting situation and have to try and get it done.

I can tell most have not looked into what it is other then what they have read on this post. Most of you hate it just for the fact that SFW is now a sponsor.

So we hand over 200 welfare tags, then follow that up with countless tags to each of their banquets, under the lie that they are for "conservation".

And they then take that money to support a TV show. And not just any TV show, a show which takes hunting, subtracts the tradition, family, conservation, and food value, and strips animals being killed to a game. And WE, THE ACTUAL FUNDERS of this are supposed to like it?

How much money did $fw take in this spring from the $3.75 per app charge that is supposed to cover their costs to put on a show? The show they had no actual costs for? Seems they are awash in cash.

What did WE, the hunters of Utah, who gave up over 200 tags get for the sponsorship of this show? What did it do to create the Serengeti of the West?

We got a tv show based on a video game.

Lovely

Hoss I agree, we stopped this in Idaho but a certain group really wants what Utah is doing. Utah is kind of like the Hollywood of the hunting world

Bad enough you have anti groups like PETA breathing down the sportsman’s neck….Now we have to deal with these flat brimmed sage smashing, anything for a buck…at the expense of our wildlife clowns endorsing the inches game for the public to view and gawk over…..they just introduced the next generation of poaching for profit.

So we hand over 200 welfare tags, then follow that up with countless tags to each of their banquets, under the lie that they are for "conservation".

And they then take that money to support a TV show. And not just any TV show, a show which takes hunting, subtracts the tradition, family, conservation, and food value, and strips animals being killed to a game. And WE, THE ACTUAL FUNDERS of this are supposed to like it?

How much money did $fw take in this spring from the $3.75 per app charge that is supposed to cover their costs to put on a show? The show they had no actual costs for? Seems they are awash in cash.

What did WE, the hunters of Utah, who gave up over 200 tags get for the sponsorship of this show? What did it do to create the Serengeti of the West?

We got a tv show based on a video game.

Lovely
LMAO, your ignorance is amazing you just proved my point you only have a problem with the show because SFW is a "new" sponsor they have nothing to do with the show otherwise. Stop letting your hatred for SFW cloud everything else.

You guys are acting like leftist snowflakes, my hell lighten up people.

LMAO, your ignorance is amazing you just proved my point you only have a problem with the show because SFW is a "new" sponsor they have nothing to do with the show otherwise. Stop letting your hatred for SFW cloud everything else.

You guys are acting like leftist snowflakes, my hell lighten up people.

No.

I became aware of the thing because $fw got involved.

And face it. It's a stupid idea for a hunting show. Shooting a dink, "for the win".?

But I'll notice you dont address the points made.

How does this show put hunters in a good light?

How does this show help educate the public that hunting is conservation?

How does the show stop the narrative that hunters are just blood thirsty killers?

No.

I became aware of the thing because $fw got involved.

And face it. It's a stupid idea for a hunting show. Shooting a dink, "for the win".?

But I'll notice you dont address the points made.

How does this show put hunters in a good light?

How does this show help educate the public that hunting is conservation?

How does the show stop the narrative that hunters are just blood thirsty killers?
It's an interesting idea, I never said it was perfect, I said it has some work to do since it's there first season, none the less I found it entertaining and have followed the show.

Point 1:
I fail to see the bad light, you haven't even watched an episode yet you've deemed it "bad for hunting" mostly based on one sponsor that you have an unhealthy obsession with.

Point 2:
Why does everything have to be educational for "the public" when you say that I assume you mean the non hunting public. Why can't a show be made for people that enjoy hunting already know how hunting is conservation and want to be entertained? And I would ask you how does it not promote hunting as conservation?

Point 3:
How do you know it does? Have you watched it? The episodes I have seen shows how much work goes into a hunt, all the teams have been respectful of the animals they are hunting. Hell of the 4 tags only one has been filled.
Why are you blindly promoting the fact that hunters are "blood thirsty killers" you are part of the problem for even asking the question. Sounds like a personal problem to me.

At the end of the day you guys are trying to "cancel" something you haven't even seen because of your own assumptions. Stop being so damn sensitive for hells sake.

Again lighten the hell up people. You guys that attack other hunters are way worse for hunting then this show ever could be.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom