hunter orange vs back pack

oilcan

Long Time Member
I know this is probably a dumb question but Correct me if i"m wrong Colorado requires that you wear a orange vest.So how are you guys wearing you back packs.do you just wear it over your vest and call that good? Do you cover it or hang blaze orange of it?I've been hunting with a orange vest that had a lot of pockets but that made for sore shoulders if i carried to much weight so this year i have purchased one of the badlands packs.Any tips would be appreciated.

I've always wore my vest then put the pack over it, I've never put any orange on my pack except when I'm packing out a deer. I've also never been checked out in field by DOW officer either, just on the road. Hope that helps
nrueh

When I am hiking out, I always put an extra orange over my pack. I don't fully trust those little road hunters. I don't know how the dnr sees it.

My Cabelas pack has an Orange piece of fabric built in that tucks into a zippered pocket when I don't need it. I just unzip the pocket pull out the fabric and clip it to the bottom of the pack. Pretty handy.

Thanks for the reply every one. Elkwon my pack should be here in the next couple days i"ll check it out.

Looks like I should look into my new pack to see if there is anything there, if not i'm on a mission for a orange bandana to tie on to my pack.
nrueh

Make this simple go to home depot or lowes and get some engineers tape and tie to you backpack and the hindquarters when packing out you game - So for the plugs - Tony and jimmy don't mind

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom