Hunter Orange

utah450

I have a third season tag. Do I have to wear hunter orange in Colorado? I looked through the guidebook, and didn't notice anything. I am sure that I just missed it somehow.

Cap and Vest or Jacket for rifle season. And not faded orange or NO CAMO ORANGE. two years ago had the GW tell some of the guys in our group that they better get new more visible Orange theirs were too old and worn out.

Brian

I know someone who got a ticket when he stepped out of his truck with his gun in his hand and he did not have his orange hat on. Remember, safety first (like it or not). Personally I wouldn't go out in the woods during any firearm season without orange on. It's simply not worth taking the chance. Heck, I've been sprayed while out Pheasant hunting when wearing orange.

Here is the link to the 2009 Colorado Big Game broucher.
http://wildlife.state.co.us/NR/rdon...E36-9263-7DE1CE74B424/0/index_information.pdf

Page 8

IT?S AGAINST THE LAW TO:
#25 - Not wear at least 500 square inches of solid DAYLIGHT FLUORESCENT ORANGE material in an outer garment above the waist while hunting deer, elk, pronghorn, bear or moose with any firearm. Part of the fluorescent orange must be a hat or head covering visible from all directions. Camouflage orange does not qualify. Mesh garments are legal but not recommended. We strongly recommend wearing daylight fluorescent orange clothes in the field even if you're not hunting.

- Rich

LAST EDITED ON Oct-28-09 AT 11:22AM (MST)[p]Orange Orange Orange. Doesn't matter where you are.
Remember D.O.W. are Federal agents and they can come onto private land if they think a violation has been made.

Orange Orange Orange. Doesn't matter where you are.
Remember D.O.W. are Federal agents and they can come onto private land if they think a violation has been made.

Bullshit...they are state employees with typical "state" LE obligations. With that said, a CO DOW officer has no more jurisdication in WY, KS, or NM than non-LE persons but can enter a property (premises) in the event they have the belief a crime has been committed (probable cause)within their jurisdication. Federal Agents...hahahahahahahah!!!!

This is why you see so many guys on a private land hunts (in CO)w/o orange on their melons.

I know there is a bunch of LE guys/gals on here...let me know if I'm correct. Zilla's sister is FED LE but I think he's FOS...eventhough he's my best friend.

Whether I'm busting Curt's azz or not, I'd advise wearing orange in CO unless you're completely confident some goomba isn't going to scope you and have an AD.

The U.S. constitution covers Search and Seizure under the 4th amendment (The Bill of Rights). Colorado Conservation Officer are NOT federal agents. That being said, all law enforcement officers are required to follow search and seizure rules. Federal agents do not have any more powers to search than state agents. However, Federal Agents have a much bigger jurisdiction than a state law enforcement officer.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom