Hunter Shoots Stella the Horse!

OutdoorWriter

Long Time Member
Hunter facing charges after mistaking horse for deer in New Sewickley Twp.
By Kirstin Kennedy [email protected]

Updated Dec 22, 2016

Stella the horse, valued at $16,000 , was shot by a hunter Dec. 10 from the woods off of Modrak Lane in New Sewickley Township.

NEW SEWICKLEY TWP. -- A Monaca hunter is facing a felony charge after he shot and killed a horse on a township farm, mistaking the animal for a deer, police said.

Jordan G. Cinderich, 23, shot the animal while hunting Dec. 10 in the woods off of Modrak Lane in New Sewickley Township.

According to a police report, Cinderich called New Sewickley police after he realized he shot a horse, not a deer.

Police said officers met with Cinderich on Big Knob Road, and he explained he had been hunting in the area with his brother and a group of friends. He told officers he was walking in the woods behind 188 Modrak Lane in a valley next to a creek when he noticed some deer on the hillside, police said.

According to the report, Cinderich took aim at what he thought was a deer and fired a shot. Police said he told officers the animal galloped away after it was hit, which he thought was odd.

Cinderich told officers he called his group over and walked up the hill to find the animal he struck, police said.

According to the report, they found a horse with a purple blanket on its back had been shot and killed.

Police said officers from the New Sewickley Township Police Department and Pennsylvania Game Commission investigated the incident. Officials said there were two posted signs along the fence of the horse farm near the top of the hillside signifying the private property. Police said the horse was shot within 150 yards of a barn and stable on the property.

The estimated value of the horse is $16,000.

Cinderich, of 1098 Elm St., is charged by New Sewickley police with one felony count of criminal mischief and summary counts of injuring livestock, unlawful hunting, and violating rules and regulations while trespassing.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

Unreal. Guess that idiot is color blind and didn't see the purple blanket! Some people shouldn't be allowed in the gene pool and I hope they throw the book at him.

Maybe he thought he finally caught the purple dragon? Hope they took a urine sample.

"According to a police report, Cinderich called New Sewickley police after he realized he shot a horse, not a deer."

Another classic example of why you never turn yourself in. :D

>
>
> Bring
>him to Nevada.

I just got home from seeing a great number of those pesky critters. I wanted to pop one but my sense of legality took control (that and my wife wouldn't hand me her rifle) LOL

Zeke

LAST EDITED ON Dec-27-16 AT 11:26AM (MST)[p]""According to a police report, Cinderich called New Sewickley police after he realized he shot a horse, not a deer.""

"Another classic example of why you never turn yourself in."

If the felony sticks, he will never be able to own a gun the rest of his life.....all because he did the right (maybe wrong) thing by turning himself in.

I believe in a big fine but a Felony??????

>""According to a police report, Cinderich
>called New Sewickley police after
>he realized he shot a
>horse, not a deer.""
>
>"Another classic example of why you
>never turn yourself in."
>
>If the felony sticks, he will
>never be able to own
>a gun the rest of
>his life.....all because he did
>the right (maybe wrong) thing
>by turning himself in.
>
>
>I believe in a big fine
>but a Felony??????

Some felonies don't come under what you mentioned. However, if the guy can't tell a horse with a purple blanket on from a deer then maybe he shouldn't have access to any guns!

LAST EDITED ON Dec-27-16 AT 05:57PM (MST)[p]Well of they are worth something why don't they go get them ? Instead we have feral horses that do absolutely nothing good for anything. That's the stupid thing ! Manage the Book Cliffs and repair it to what it should be .

>Well of they are worth something
>why don't they go get
>them ? Instead we have
>feralearned horses that do absolutely
>nothing good for anything. That's
>the stupid thing ! Manage
>the Book Cliffs and repair
>it to what it should
>be .

That's the problem madness, them range dinks ain't worth 20cents a pound. And you gotta truck em to Mexico or Canada if it was legal to do it nobody would make a dime.

Are we sure he didn't call a wildlife office to verify that he could hunt there..?? I'm guessing he called "someone" in the "southern office" and they said he was good to go...

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

>Are we sure he didn't call
>a wildlife office to verify
>that he could hunt there..??
>I'm guessing he called "someone"
>in the "southern office" and
>they said he was good
>to go...
>
>"Therefore, wo be unto him that
>is at ease in Zion!"
>2 Ne. 28: 24