hunterstrailhead question

theox

Very Active Member
So for those of you with memberships, i have a couple questions.
So when I signed up for it, it said id have access to maps, and stuff like that, i cant find any maps or anything. Is it just not updated yet or what?

Theox,

Double click the hunt unit (underlined blue text) after you search for your hunts. There will be a "Unit Analysis" box in the upper right corner above the draw odds. Click he "Map" button and it will bring up a unit map created by "mytopo.com". This is a great feature and one of my favorites of the service. It saves one from having to decipher the legal descriptions or trying to interpret the small scale maps found in the regulations and additionally provides land ownership status (i.e. private, state, BLM, NF, etc.). This is the same unit map that you could buy from mytopo.com after you draw the hunt. While the map detail quality decreases as you zoom in, it provides a great overview for researching your hunts...

Horniac

Horniac is exactly right. You need to "drill" all the way down to the specific unit detail page. However, not all states have the maps up yet. Arizona, Utah and Wyoming are there now, Colorado and New Mexico are coming in the next few weeks and the remaining states will be brought up ASAP.

Thanks for the explanation Blake. Are you drawing your archery tag this year???

Jon
www.HuntersTrailhead.com

So i have loved to use this in the past. Now there is a fee I am on the brink. But those of you who have it is it worth it? Sorry to hijack your thread.

VERY MUCH WORTH IT!!!! EVEN MORE THAN BEFORE, & NEW FEATURES STILL ON THE WAY. IF YOU APPLY FOR MORE THAN 2-4 STATES ITS A MUST.......TONS OF INFO IF YOU USE IT TO ITS FULLEST............................YD.

My vote is yes, it is very much worth it.

Member RMEF, Pope & Young Club, NRA, UWC & the SFW Hate Club

Sniper1,

The $24.95 subscription service does quite a bit more than just providing the draw odds that used to be provided for free on the MM website;

Unit maps (as previously discussed), e-mail alerts for draw deadlines by state and species, bonus/preference point tracking by state and species, unit accessibility rating, rating system for trophy potential, land ownership, and success rate, and phone numbers and e-mails for past hunters (though this last feature is very limited at this point in time). The site is still under development and as JDC indicated not all the added features are available for all states at this time (i.e. unit maps).

As YukonDall and Zim have posted, for those of you who apply in multiple states it is well worth the money and a bargain IMO...

JDC, sent you an e-mail.

Horniac

Nice!! appreciate the replies. Looks like I will be spending the money today and getting signed up. Take care gents

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom