Huntin Fool

MNHunter

Anyone one else notice that the current Huntin Fool issue says the tag fee will be charged up-front when applying online in AZ? That is not what the regs say. I guess they got some bad info when trying to get the mag out before the regs were released.

"Whatever you are, be a good one."
- Abraham Lincoln

Yeh, I read that and figured what the heck I'm just going to send the $$ in the mail instead of sitting on a charge for 2 1/2 months.....

I haven't read if they are getting charged full fee/tag prices when they apply on-line or not....

You will be charged the license fee up front. Is that what they were talking about? Or were they talking about the license?

The Huntin fool says the whole tag fee in addition to the license fee. According to the AZ regs, that is not the case.

Anyone else notice the odds for the sheep tags in one of the units was 100% because the regs left out the hunt code! Wow, 2 lucky people figured it out and drew!

"Whatever you are, be a good one."
- Abraham Lincoln

holly crap, 100% on sheep, shucks unreal!

When AZ made you front entire fees once no NR ut in for buf one year, if someone had put in it was a sure draw!

You are right when you say AZ does not charge for fees upfront.. They charge only for the license fee (which you must have) to apply for any tags.

As to the NR buffalo deal. Nope, by applying the year you had to put up money did not guarantee the guy a tag. Remember, AZ has no set aside for non-residents, and non-resident bufflo hunters were (and will continue to be) restricted on tags.

Just wanted to clear that up.

Don Martin

At first glance it appears 100% draw odds for unit 40 BW. However, if I remember correctly due to a mix up in the 2004 sheep drawing, on some units they should have allocated a tag to a "would be successful" applicant and didn't. Therefore they made it up to these "would be" applicants in 2005 by giving them their tag. The units where this occured were denoted with a RED asterisk. On unit 40 BW that only had 1 tag available for 2005 and the tag went to the would be guy from 2004, there were no tags left to draw, so it showed 100% odds. Look at the Bighorn hunt table from the 2005 Arizona regs at it shows no permit for 40 BW and a RED asterisk, along with explanaition of the 2004 mistake.

Don - that is right, I thought I read that stat in huntin fool, maybe somewhere else, never occured to me that even though no NR put in it was not a sure draw!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom