Hunting 18A

BlueMountainAdventures

Hello fellow MM, I am from Oregon and recently inherited some land in unit 18A. However, I know nothing of that area. Was born in Kingman, and moved up here to Oregon when I was just a kid. ANY info be appreciated. I am an Oregon Outfitter and Guide, but not interested in guiding or outfitting in AZ, just would love it if it was a decent place I could come and hunt personally, when I am not guiding up here. Thanks in advance to any info!

Bob Staples

Depends on what you are hunting. Draw odds are great for elk, deer and antelope (relatively speaking on the goats) but densities are fairly low. A lot of tough, thick, flat country but some strokers are killed each year by the guys who really put in the time. Where is your property?

18A is ok in spots, but isn't a prime unit, and changes year to year pretty fast on quantity and location of game. If you have time to spend there, you may turn into one of the few that knows where to go to kill the whoppers on easy-to-draw tags. Unit 10 right across the highway from you is considered a better all-around unit, it just is mostly made up of the Boquillas Ranch, in which you would need to read up on this website for the important rules, fees, etc (this isn't a joke, started this year) http://huntbigboranch.com/

I wont have a ton of time to scout or hunt, as I am busy guiding here in Oregon. Just looking to opportunity mainly. Whats the draw odds and average quality for deer, elk and antelope? Might even consider doing a partial trade for a hunt up here for help getting to know 18A down there....
I will probably be doing the ISE Sportshow in Phoenix in 2015, so we can always talk there too.

You will need at least 10 points for the early rifle hunt. The late rifle is a 4 point unit for NR. Better units are available for either of those point pools from what I read. The guys that burned 15 and 14 points probably knew right where to go.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom