HUNTING BUDDY SUSTEM IN N.M.????

BUGLEnmIN

Very Active Member
Hey fellas,on November 13 the game commission was supposed to talk about developing a "BUDDY SYSTEM " .. meaning a licensed hunter and his buddy can hunt using the 1 license. ....has anyone heard what the outcome to this proposal was??????

At the n.m. game commission meeting in October when the gila archery hunts were cut to two seasons, this was proposed by someone and the board was supposed to discuss the terms in the November meeting. I'm pretty curious as to what decisions were made....,

Been happening for many moons In this state. Probably why it was brought up in the first place. Probably won't happen hope it don't happen just be another gun in an already over hunted area..

LAST EDITED ON Dec-01-14 AT 08:36PM (MST)[p]>Hey fellas,on November 13 the game
>commission was supposed to talk
>about developing a "BUDDY SYSTEM
>" .. meaning a licensed
>hunter and his buddy can
>hunt using the 1 license.
>....has anyone heard what the
>outcome to this proposal was??????
>

The discussion was at the Oct meeting. They will discuss again when a proposal is presented.

So the hunter and the buddy each get to carry a gun? Between this proposed law and having hunters print their own license, NM seems to be promoting poaching.

At the October meeting it was said that the system would be presented at the November13 meeting.. this idea is even more stupid than changing the elk seasons in the Gila to two seasons lol. After certain sportsman fought so long to make it 3..... the commision seems to be doing things just because they can..

AZ has a program where a parent can transfer their tag to their child (youth hunter). I would support that.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-02-14 AT 11:16AM (MST)[p]"CHAIRMAN KIENZLE:
AGENDA ITEM NO. 10: In-the-Field Hunter Assistance.

blah blah blah

...With that, bring us a proposal with a bid and then we can go from there. But I wouldn't spend a
tremendous amount of time, but do bring us something. And I appreciate your effort. Thank you.

ROBERT GRIEGO: Mr. Chairman,Commissioners.

I can do that."

When there's a proposal, they'll discuss again.

As another has echoed, all it will do is legalize party hunting, which goes on WAY too much here in NM, despite it being illegal.

If it goes through I foresee one "hunter" getting ALL of his non-hunting friends, family, acquaintances to apply in the draw and then the "hunter" will get to whack multiple animals.

Absolutely retarded what the Commission comes up with...

+1 on that. Unfortunately, It is already happening and legaliziation just makes it that much worse.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-02-14 AT 07:55PM (MST)[p]
Bugle, the above are quotes from the Oct meeting where they discussed the buddy system. They never planned to discuss the buddy system at the Nov meeting, didn't discuss it there, and won't discuss it until the Dept (Griego) brings them a formal proposal.
It has little traction at this point in time.

Here is how the "buddy system" works where I hunt. I'm starting to wonder if it's legal to use a rifle during archery season!

3182screenshot_6.jpg

9744screenshot_5.jpg