Hunting in Southern California

Chrispar_

Hi guys,
I'm new to the forum and was looking for information or help regarding Deer hunting in Southern California. I currently live in San Bernardino. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

Grew up hunting in San Diego area. I did quite a bit of hunting near you also. I don't want to put a negative spin on this conversation, but I do want to be realistic. It will be very crowded, and there are very few deer. You're at the southern end of the black bear range too, which is cool. The bear population is very healthy.
DFW will have a hunt brochure that lays out the hunt units - there are only a couple in SoCal - that will help. Each of those areas has its own archery, rifle, and sometimes a dedicated muzzy season. It's not real complicated by any means.
Other than that, get OnX and start exploring. Don't be surprised if it takes a few years, depending on how much time and effort you can put into learning it.

Thank you! I honestly appreciate the honesty. I just needed some help as far as where most info is and if anyone is in the area and knows where to look. I enjoy being in the woods! Lol and Michigan isn't great hunting for bucks in my area as well. So I guess I'll be used to that. Thanks again for the info!

LA County Archery Hunt (A31) will probably be your best bet. Hunt the rifle closure area (foothills above cities). Cut my teeth on those bucks when I lived in Kali.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom