Hunting the Beaver Unit

What I've heard, it's the worst unit in the state for deer. So I hope your not planning on that hunt.

Are you looking for a Hotel on the Beaver unit ? If your scouting the north end. I know some guys prefer to stay in Filmore. When I was hunting the north Beaver for cow elk. We would also fill up in Filmore at the Maverik. I also don't mind there gas station food. I have a company Maverik card get to write off my gas bill. Only a couple Hotels in Beaver. I used my Rv when I was hunting up that way. Had two hunts up they way last year. But I can check with a few friends up that way if your looking for a cheap room or a clean room ? You also have Marysvale on the east side of the unit. I guess it depends on which side you are going to hunt and scout on ? Comfort inn in Beaver or Filmore . I do some work for them so I usually get the friends and family discount.

Last edited:
Best of luck hunting the Beaver unit. I have hunted archery and muzzy there for years. Finally gave up on it last year when our hunting party saw one small buck over a day and a half of hard hiking on the muzzy hunt. Just a few years ago, we would see 8-10 bucks a day. We would stay in a hotel in the City of Beaver.

I've been to Antimony several times to fish Otter Creek Reservoir.and Pine Lake. Haven't got lost, yet. lol Thanks anyway.
Paul I was referring to your California plates on your truck. Some of the locals might not treat you well. :) I am up and down the backside of that mountain Hwy 89 and junction 20. Traveling to Fish Lake.

I know. lol Actually, I have never had that attitude from people in UT or WY. A little in CO years ago. I've been going to those states for so long I think I could run for mayor in some towns, and win! pc

I'll Try & SPLAIN it PC!

lezbaru.jpg

Well IMHO, the Beaver unit is a win/win unit because your standards should be set very low and if you do get into the bucks, then it should be an awesome hunt. If you don't, well then it was as expected and you had a good time in the mountains anyway. Good luck.

Here's a popular one people seem to love....... lol

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/110639...on_id=p3_1587268587_9PoB0NCRTMuJNhV3&guests=1

In all reality there may be a nice Airbnb that would give you access to a slightly bigger area with a kitchen for not a whole lot more than a hotel.

From the area, so never stayed in the hotels, but I've heard that the Delano Motel is amazing, and it's on the cheaper end. I have friends that will only stay there.

I'm sure the Best Western on the north end of town is a nice hotel. Heard good things about it.

2 points as well, hoping to draw Beaver, I figure my draw odds dropped from 60% to about 30% with tags being cut

I used to hunt down there 20 years ago and sure chawed so big boys back then. Haven’t been down there in a while.

So?

For All You Deer Herd Pro's?

When The Herd is Decimated or Hunted down to nothing!

It Has To Come Back From What's Left = JUNK!

JUNK Genetics!

JUNK Horn Growth!

JUNK Body Size!

You Really Think It Will rebound to what it once was?

NOTTA!

Until HELL-RIGHT is Enforced Just Keep Poundin them MOTL Bucks!

I'm not camping. Where is a good place to stay? PC
Hey Paul. If you decide to stay on the east side drop me a PM. I own Pine Creek Cabins Resort in Marysvale. We usually wind down the season by the rifle deer hunt but we could keep a cabin open for you. I'm hoping to hunt the Monroe this year so I'll likely be there for that week.

Is the deer herd all over the Beaver Unit struggling? Or just certain parts of the unit. Dog Valley Rd is a specific area I’m curious about. I haven’t been in there in 4 years. I have a chance to draw this year w my 3 points. Thank you

How far is Marysvale from Panguitch?
Its about 50 miles south. Those little cabins they have in Marysville are really nice. Liz's and Charlie's is another one there. Some have little kitchens in them. Not sure how many stay open during hunting season ? You will need to check. It also depends on what tag you draw. If its archery you maybe ok.

Is the deer herd all over the Beaver Unit struggling? Or just certain parts of the unit. Dog Valley Rd is a specific area I’m curious about. I haven’t been in there in 4 years. I have a chance to draw this year w my 3 points. Thank you
Dog Valley is at its worst

So?

For All You Deer Herd Pro's?

When The Herd is Decimated or Hunted down to nothing!

It Has To Come Back From What's Left = JUNK!

JUNK Genetics!

JUNK Horn Growth!

JUNK Body Size!

You Really Think It Will rebound to what it once was?

NOTTA!

Until HELL-RIGHT is Enforced Just Keep Poundin them MOTL Bucks!
So the years that Henry Mtn's closed down really made a dent in the genetics? ?

Chujing, from 4 years ago, the Dog Valley area will not look the same. It is very hard to find Doe or Buck anymore. Sad situation and continues to get worse.

No doubt the Beaver herd is on a down cycle right now, I did see 12 head this morning on a 2 mile drive to the county trash dumpster.

One looked to be a decent buck with horns almost to his ears all ready.

No doubt the Beaver herd is on a down cycle right now, I did see 12 head this morning on a 2 mile drive to the county trash dumpster.

One looked to be a decent buck with horns almost to his ears all ready.
Now that’s the kind of positivity I like the week before draw results! ????

Hello, my brothers and I have hunted the Beaver unit muzzleloader and archery for several years. We have stayed in a hotel in the city and just woken up early to drive in. It's nice to be able to rest in a comfy bed and have a shower haha. Good luck on the hunt!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom