Hunting with Corona

You bet it will be , in what ways only time will tell. Travel will be one of the biggest , some won’t or won’t be allowed to ........

I'm scared to go out walking around. They shoot old guys who are sweating and wheezing.

Yes, there will be less people afield this year in my opinion. If hunting isn't essential I don't know what is. :unsure:
Lol! Now that’s funny!

I think for the foreseeable future, Turkey and bear season in Utah will be impacted. It’s expected to clear up with warmer weather. If this continues through the summer it could really impact hunting on a greater scale for many.

They just closed spring bear season to NR's in Alaska (brown, black, grizzly).

Closed to residents as well...….
Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Doug Vincent-Lang, Commissioner
PO Box 115526 Juneau, AK 99811-5526 www.adfg.alaska.gov
Advisory Announcement
For immediate release: April 1, 2020
graphic_ampersand.gif
alaska.gov Asst. Director, Div. of Wildlife Conservation
Alaska announces closure of bear hunts statewide
(JUNEAU) — For the safety of Alaska’s communities, and especially individuals most vulnerable to the COVID-19 virus, Commissioner of the Alaska Department of Fish and Game Doug Vincent-Lang has directed the Division of Wildlife Conservation to close all black and brown bear hunts statewide for both resident and nonresident hunters, effective now through May 31. This decision will be reevaluated as necessary. All subsistence bear hunts will remain open as a way for residents to have an opportunity to fill freezers and provide for families.
The Department of Fish and Game will work with the Board of Game to identify future options for hunters who are planning to come to Alaska this spring, or for residents who have already made arrangements, but will be unable to hunt as planned. Expect to hear more from the department in the near future, and please be patient with the department as they identify ways to minimize the impacts of this decision.
Alaska’s wild resources are of vital importance to many throughout the state, and we will make sure opportunities to safely, responsibly and sustainably harvest these resources continue.

I'm starting to get a little worried about if I'm gonna make my annual June fishing trip to Alaska this year.
Its not looking to promising.

Seasons as usual for us. Hunting is a primary for our family. I do believe we will see fewer nonresident hunters around here though. Lots of good folks laid off with bills piling up that just won't be able to make the trip.

Considering I spent 5 nights, 6 days solo on my hunt this last fall and expect this year to be something similar, I’m still going. The bigger question is will I draw a tag. ?

At some point in time though, somebody has to make the decision of the lesser of two evils. A higher mortality rate or an economic situation that will likely never be recovered from.

The world doesn't run itself on some kind of energy crystal. Remember, a Star Trek society is make believe...

Closed to residents as well...….
Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Doug Vincent-Lang, Commissioner
PO Box 115526 Juneau, AK 99811-5526 www.adfg.alaska.gov
Advisory Announcement
For immediate release: April 1, 2020
graphic_ampersand.gif
alaska.gov Asst. Director, Div. of Wildlife Conservation
Alaska announces closure of bear hunts statewide
(JUNEAU) — For the safety of Alaska’s communities, and especially individuals most vulnerable to the COVID-19 virus, Commissioner of the Alaska Department of Fish and Game Doug Vincent-Lang has directed the Division of Wildlife Conservation to close all black and brown bear hunts statewide for both resident and nonresident hunters, effective now through May 31. This decision will be reevaluated as necessary. All subsistence bear hunts will remain open as a way for residents to have an opportunity to fill freezers and provide for families.
The Department of Fish and Game will work with the Board of Game to identify future options for hunters who are planning to come to Alaska this spring, or for residents who have already made arrangements, but will be unable to hunt as planned. Expect to hear more from the department in the near future, and please be patient with the department as they identify ways to minimize the impacts of this decision.
Alaska’s wild resources are of vital importance to many throughout the state, and we will make sure opportunities to safely, responsibly and sustainably harvest these resources continue.
Released on April 1, 2020?
Could this possibly be an April fools joke?

You all should read more.

Oregon shut down state and fed ground.

Utah is restricting lands.

Other states doing the same.

The country/states have ZERO issue shuting down possibly 30% of the country. You really think they will open it for 5%of the population?

If you can infect someone in April when you go turkey\bear hunting, you can do the same in October.

No joke buckhorn. They later clarified (yesterday) that residents can still hunt with limits, but closed hunting to NR's through at least the end of May. No fun to be an outfitter up there right now.

The lawyers are going to have a fieldday when all us closet constitutionalists challenge our tickets in court. What exactly is my hunting license for again?

Is there any greater beneficiary in this mess than lawyers?

I think this falls hunting season is going to be impacted for two different reasons.

#1 People loosing jobs will not be able to afford to go hunting.

#2 We could see a second wave of this virus this fall. Outsiders may not be welcome to visit small communities for a hunting trip.

Hopefully the impact is minimal and this virus starts fading away and most people that lost their job can get back to work sooner than later.

You all should read more.

Oregon shut down state and fed ground.

Utah is restricting lands.

Other states doing the same.

The country/states have ZERO issue shuting down possibly 30% of the country. You really think they will open it for 5%of the population?

If you can infect someone in April when you go turkey\bear hunting, you can do the same in October.
I see it as fear in small local towns without much hospital capacity that out of staters would bring in anything they are carrying....some states are asking for 2 week quarantine which would discourage the working man....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom