Huntsman Resigns

.....must be headed to Iowa

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

I think the guy is a flake and a joke... His father must be insane with disappointment.

He quit our governorship, he quits his post in China at a time when we really need a foothold there... And for what..? I'm sure it's some political agenda that I would never support...

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

LAST EDITED ON Feb-02-11 AT 03:26PM (MST)[p]Palin quitting makes her a quitter......Huntsman quitting makes him a presidential hopeful...right FTW??

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Jef, I think you painted FTW into a corner on that one and his support of Huntsman who has quit his job twice within 2 years. Must be another professional politician.

RELH

Not sure you can call accepting a presidential appointed position as quitting??

And I guess if he's gonna make a run in 2012, he'd have to quit as ambassador to China as well...Palin quit to do what, a TV show?

Oh boy....you got me there JB! While I'm drinking beer on the 40yd line at Cowboy Stadium on Sunday I'll be thinking up a clever response as to why Republicans are quitters.

See you boyz on Tuesday I've got a plane to catch, look for me C209 41G! Green Bay by 3!

Reddog; I know that Palin sometimes will come off as a dumb broad, but I sometimes wonder. She did quit the governorship of Alaska and made a T.V. reality show that netted her millions of dollars.

Huntsman quit the governorship of Utah to become a member of Obama's cabinet. Then quits that to further his chance at a hopeful run for president.

I have to wonder if the hen out smarted the fox this time around.

RELH

>Oh boy....you got me there JB!
>While I'm drinking beer on
>the 40yd line at Cowboy
>Stadium on Sunday I'll be
>thinking up a clever response
>as to why Republicans are
>quitters.
>
>See you boyz on Tuesday I've
>got a plane to catch,
>look for me C209 41G!
>Green Bay by 3!

How did J Lo look ftw???

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

You do make a point RedDog regarding the posting by Obama... Truth is, would any of us turn down the Commander in Chief in the same situation? I doubt it. But, it does speak to his swayability, or flip-flopability... he'll go where the wind takes him... Not a good quality to have if you ask me...

Also, if it was so easy to leave his posting by Obama- I wager it would have been just as easy to tell him "No, thank you"

If you're a conservative- I can't think of any reason that you should vote for Huntsman... I'd like to hear any if you have them... I'm open to views...

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

He appeals to moderates, that makes him electable...He is a compromise for true conservatives, anyone that is electable is gonna have to be that way..Conservatives can compromise, or keep pissing in the wind with their votes..JMO

Thats not to say I'm sold on him as the President.But right now its between him and Rand, and I'm sure others will come to the surface as we get closer..The thing is, some "conservatives" vote solely on religion and morals, IE abortion..I'm not that way. I will back the most "electable" candidate that sides with my views..I didnt even have a viable candidate in 2008 to vote for, hence pissing in the wind.

Huntsman has a few views I dont like, immigration is a major one, but overall I like him.

I agree with your opinion REDDOG. Religion has become a thorn in the side of most conservatives as most can't seem to separate it from government.

I am not at the point that I could say I would vote for Huntsman.

He has some good conservative points such as pro gun. As governor he was praised for his conservative tax cuts when compared to other state governors. Was considered friendly to bussiness with his tax policy.

At the same time he was being praised for his tax cuts, spending per capita increased 70 millon annually under his watch as governor.

He has progressive stances on climate control, global warming as most call it, and endorsed Obama's stimilus package and supports cap & trade.

I am not sure yet if he is the "moderate" we need or want as our next president.

RELH

LAST EDITED ON Feb-08-11 AT 10:02AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-08-11 AT 10:00?AM (MST)

+1 Reddog, he's the only guy which is why he will be gang raped in the preliminaries if he runs. Of all the potential candidates he is actually the most Reaganesque, especially when compared to the rest of the potential candidates who are nothing more than Reagan necrophiliacs.

As for earlier comparisons of Huntsman taking an appointment to China and Palin quitting her office to make millions on a reality TV Show. Huntsman does not need to perform as a circus act, he is a billionaire.

If a person doesn't like Huntsman over Cap n Trade or Immigration Reform, then they don't like Reagan either. Cap n Trade started with Reagan, was implemented as the Acid Rain Program by Bush Sr. Cap n Trade, Healthcare, Immigration reform all originated from Republicans, 2 out of the 3 with Ronnie.

On another note: The Bowl was crazy awesome! Although I was looking forward to the warmer weather of Texas a few weeks ago it was 20 degrees colder than Idaho. We were hoping to take in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, but the weather kept us close to the hotel in Arlington. Cowboy Stadium is stunningly huge, it's like the 8th Wonder and certainly falls in line with "things are bigger in Texas" The hanging screen is so immense, pictures on T.V. do not even do it justice.

Game day was a mad-house as people were forced to amass in sectioned offed areas around the stadium due to falling ice. After an hour and 15 minute delay from the announced opening tightly packed crowds grew angry. There were fights at the Stadium entrances between fans and workers as rumors started flying through the crowd of seats being unavailable. There were fights inside the Stadium as well, one we witnessed in the stands during warm-ups by a section I later learned was for temporary seating.

The event itself was huge with tents and sponsor events everywhere. The media events were a complete joke, it was the Who's That of music talent so we entered the stadium early to watch warm-ups. Great concessions and only $13.00 for a small personal pizza, $6.00 for a soda, and $9.00 for a beer, how do they make money at those prices?

The Half-time show was pathetic, Aguilera was awful, when she flubbed the National Anthem half the people in our section looked at each other like, "What the hell" while the other half didn't seem to even notice, the folks sitting around us all had a good laugh.

Our seats were perfect, high enough to see the entire field, low enough to see the players faces. The festivities at the end of the game were fantastic as glitterd confetti filled the stadium, we took in the moment and were one of the last to leave. This will be an experience my 12 year old son will never forget as he wore his lucky Cal-Shirt with Rodger's autograph from his senior year.

All I can say about Texas is that it sure is great to be back in Idaho.

Starting? Expansion of deficits and government, raising taxes under the guise of closing corporate loopholes, increased military spending and that doesn't even count the identical similarities in their campaigns or their first 2 years in office. The high notes of the recent SOTU sounded like it was 1981 all over again.

Now you and I both remember saying that if Obama could stabilize the economy in 18 months we would be happy. The results, the market holding at 12.1 and 6 straight quarters of growth.....not too shabby.

The only split on these 2 guys is embracing Trickle Down, which on Obama's part is really more of discontinuing Bush Policy.

In what ways do you see Obama & Co humping Reagan?

His new found admiration for the right wing devil. Hell if the democrats had also lost the senate Obama would have had Reagan corpse exhumed and brought back to the White House for the 2012 election.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-08-11 AT 12:42PM (MST)[p]Tell me one thing that would define Reagan as a right wing devil today.

Taxes...................No
Immigration.............No
Government Expansion....No
Deficit Hawk............No
Abortion................No
Entitlements............No
SCOTUS Appointments.....No

He did dress conservatively, always wore a jacket in the oval office....that's about it.

New found.....don't think so...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/01/16/obama-compares-himself-to_n_81835.html

Oops I forgot.........................plick!

The left wing press has stated a billion times or more that Reagan was a right winger. Hell Piper calls him that often so that is good enough for me.
What is funny to me is the deep ravine that some feel separates the 2 parties sometimes becomes nothing more than a roadside ditch.

And on other fronts Piper was very close to being the star of my strange news thread but Eel won out. But if Piper doesn't behave himself he'll end up with Bianca's ugly sister in a brand new thread.
Anyone have any idea why Nemont left...

Cornhusker, I do not seperate my beliefs from any part of me or the things or people I like. It is a sign of integrity to be this way. When I vote it is my right, responsibility and choice to vote for someone with qualities that I admire, and the people I admire have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Those that do not tend to be amoral. Not a quality I admire. I am not putting religion as you call it into goverment. It is the individual that I am voting for not the institution, to represent my desires and interests.

Marc

1 Corinthians 2:2

"And on other fronts Piper was very close to being the star of my strange news thread but Eel won out. But if Piper doesn't behave himself he'll end up with Bianca's ugly sister in a brand new thread."

O.K., I don't understand any of that, but then again I've been away for a couple of days.

"Anyone have any idea why Nemont left..."

Overton, you are so spot-on between the 2 parties! Not to mention that monikers Republican/Democrat change so quickly they basically have no meaning.

In today's terms: A Republican from 30 years ago is a Democrat. A Democrat from today would have been considered a moderate Republican. A Republican today is a Dixiecrat.

I have a pretty good feeling why Nemont left, probably for the same reasons I have contemplated leaving over the last year.

There is no room for a well-read point of view, common sense, or moderation in this forum. People spout out regurgitated partisan crap, chuch chain-mail, or whatever they just read from their slanted "favorites" site, then post in here. They demand answers to their questions, yet only evade answers when questions are asked of them....it's pathetic.

This entire forum as a collective saw a sharp drop in IQ with Nemont's departure. I miss Nemont terribly, he is an extremely well-read, intelligent guy which is probably why he left.

FTW

Yes the DOW is up but there were component changes. 3 companies dropped and 3 added in 2008 and 2 dropped and 2 added in 2009. I haven't run the numbers but it's probably safe to assume that it has added to the DOW increase.
Then there are the rumors that the Fed is buying stocks. I have no idea what so ever if there is any truth to it. I'd call the Fed but I don't think they would answer my questions.

Newmont's talks With Eel on investing actually helped change the world and he doe'nt even know it. He is a very wise man that shared his principles with not only us, but the world.

Anyone notice that since Nemont has been gone that 440dipshyt has been a lot quieter? In fact, wasn't Nemont argueing with that idiot when he decided that he had had enough? Now all of a sudden 440 goes quiet... He's prolly waiting to see if anyone misses him like they do Nemont. Not gonna happen! Now... if we could only get Piper to fall off the face of the earth...!

Piper, how's your period?

Zigga, don't forget the knee pads!

440Sixpack wants to measure your boners!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom