Hypervent

Coyote_chaser

Has anyone used the Hypervent at all? I have the 2200 but it makes my back sweat like a mad dog. So I was thinking of the hypervent for August Sept bowhunts.. Any feedback?

I had a hypervent pack for a while, the ability to vent air across your back is a great idea, actually works quite well.That being said,I found the pack to be WAY too noisy for my liking.It makes a sound like a squeaky boot.You can make the sound yourself by twisting the material against the frame where it is attached.Would be O.K. for riflehunt pack.I got rid of mine, could'nt get past the squeaky boot sound.

It does squeak, but they are great. I want to trade mine for a superday if you know anybody interested.

I've removed the internal frame pole thing to avoid the squeak when I really need to if I'm doing alot of spot and stalk and it works fine. It really does limit your sweat though. I've used it on overnights, but 2 or 3 nights is really stretching it for this pack.

It is my understanding that they have fixed the squeeking on the more recent packs. I hope that is true as I just bought another one. I had one about three years ago and it squeeked. I swapped mine for a Superday. I liked the Hypervent enough to try it again.

I loved my Hypervent but the squeek killed the pack for me. Badlands traded my Hypervent for the Diablo. That is a great bowhunting pack. The venting on the Diablo is amazing and there is not any squeeking. Combine that with a Eberlestock butt bucket and you have a great pack for both rifle and bow. JMO

I am still amazed that I can wear my Hypervent without my back sweating and myself overheating. I notice some friction noise at times, but find that if I've a few items in the pack and cinch up all the straps that it is not too noisy. One of the best purchases for hunting I've made. I don't think packs and boots are often best purchased without trying on. Find one and try it out. There are good instructions on badland's site on adjusting the beast to fit you. They are worth following. Properly adjusted to you is a whole world of difference over not...

save yourself a head ache & buy a horn hunter or bone collector I bought a hyper-vent from cabelas & what a joke u cant put anything in it & my back sweated as bad with it as any other pack..the water bladder storage is also a joke.. U cant go wrong with either the HH or the BC packs both have lots of room lite & about the same $$

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom