I’m just not feeling it !!!

brutus54

Is it just me or is anyone else not that excited this year about the Leftover and Reissue sale and the upcoming weekly circus. I’m just not feeling it this year like the last few years. I hunt the northwest and I’m just not that excited because of the lack of critters I’m seeing. I did get lucky and draw a deer tag. I was going to go and camp and hang out with friends and family and have a great time no matter what anyway. But It’s kind of fun to try to get a Pronghorn tag or see what else is available. Or maybe help somebody else grab a tag. There’s a lot of people that didn’t get tags in the northwest. And I think it’s gonna be really tough to get one of those reissue or leftovers in that area. I mean it used to be like a high every Wednesday at 11 o’clock I needed that anticipation fix. ?

Lack of quality tags, and the chance to get one isn't making me happy. I'm now at 6 points as a resident, in which I have been putting in for what was a 4-point unit. Sadly, I don't think that particular GMU is worth 6 points. As I've participated in the last 12 draws for that GMU I'm going to have to look elsewhere.

I’ll probably give a shot for if it’s convenient. I won’t be doing like I did last year and stop my day for 15 minutes just to try. This system is hard to not get burned out on.

Don't worry brutus54. That first Tuesday before the leftovers go on sale you'll be feeling it. I'm willing to guess you'll have plans to be in front of a computer Wednesday morning for at least 15 minutes. :) Good luck getting the tag your want.

Only people I know that have scored decent tags have been at the at the local archery shop and the employee was gracious enough to continue to hit submit and they happened to get lucky a few mins in.

Only people I know that have scored decent tags have been at the at the local archery shop and the employee was gracious enough to continue to hit submit and they happened to get lucky a few mins in.
I haven’t figured it out yet. There was one tag I really wanted last year so I drove an hour to a restaurant that had fast internet but still struck out and there was a handful of tags for that hunt code.

CPW staff actually prefers random populating but the commissioners over ruled them and thought the current cluster was a better idea even though I’d bet none of them ever went through the exercise of frustration on Wednesday morning.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom