I cant see!!

denzdye

I was shooting an indoor 3-D shoot last weekend and really struggled to see the targets. I have eye glasses that really help but when I wear them my pins get really blurry. So I can wear them and have no issues seeing the vitals and have blurry pins or I don't wear them so I can see my pins really clear but get blurry targets. Any suggestions?

I had the same problem until I got contacts, I can now see pins and targets clearly. Most places will give you a trial pair of contacts for free, but you have to pay for the contact fitting.

even with perfect eyes you cant focus on two things at once. focus on the target and let the pins go blury. If you are focusing back and forth you will end up with target panic.

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

Archery is a year round commitment!!

I talked to my eye doctor about this problem last time I was in for a check up. I wear contacts. He said what sw said, and told me as I get older it will get worse, I'm 33 and just starting to notice it. Getting old already sucks!

There is a product by Specialty archery products that may help you. It's a lens that screws into a peep and it has helped many archers with tired eyes that wear glasses. Some eye docs will poo poo it but it works for some people and many guys that compete on a high level have used them with success. It's called a verifiier and your archery shop can get them for you. You need to make sure you have the right power and you want to use the lightest lens you can and it does clear up your pins for you quite a bit if you have the right kind of eye issues. Your archery shop can get a kit from them with the different lens in it so you can choose the right one. i hope this helps you.

I have the same issue. I went from great eyes to bad in a hurry right after turning 40. My distance is fine but near vision is getting pretty bad. When I first tried shooting with my glasses I found that a part of the frame got in the way as I was seeing through the corner of my eye by the bridge of my nose. I never knew I was anchoring that way until I got the glasses. I tried for months to change my anchor point but after shooting for 30 plus years one way I can't change it. So I took my glasses off and let the pin go blurry as swbuckmaster had mentioned. I am holding on with no problem but it is a pain to have to carry glasses around my neck so that I can see my GPS!! Gotta do what works best I guess. I thought about contacts and asked my eye doctor about them. He recommended I don't shoot with contacts as you tend to keep your eye open without blinking and it will dry the contacts out and that they take lots of moisture. Those of you who wear contacts, do you experience this?

GBA

Dryness bothers me once in a while but you get used to it and don't notice as much the longer you wear your contacts. I think your eyes get used to the contacts and produce more tears. I started wearing contacts when I was 16 and it was aggravating for a few months but now not so much.

I would much rather wear contacts instead of glasses. Glasses are a pain always fogging up, sliding down, getting dirty. You always have the option of using some eye drops if you need to with contacts.

Almost all my family has had the lasik eye surgery and love it but I'm too big of a chicken to try it. As long as I keep getting along good with my contacts I'm not letting the doc mess with my eyes.

completesportsman, Isn?t the Lasik surgery just for far vision or have they come up with a way to fix both near and far now? My wife did it a few years back and she was blind as a bat for far vision. She now has 20/20. I agree with you about the glasses thing. I cant stand them for all the reasons you mentioned. So long as contacts would not interfere with my distance I think I may give them a try. Like you said, it may be just getting used to them so your eye?s produce more tears.

GBA

The lasik all my family members had done was to correct nearsightedness witch I think means they could see up close but not far away, so yes it corrected their far vision. I don't know if they can fix near vision.

I would give the contacts a try if I were you. I have been wearing the disposable ones for as long as they have been available. I'm wearing the Accuvue Oasis now and they are the most comfortable ones for me.

Your supposed to put them in, wear them 2 weeks and then take them out and throw them away. I take mine out almost every night and can get 6-8 weeks out of a pair. It also helps with the dryness to take them out at night IMO. If I am out on a hunt I don't take them out at night. I just take a couple extra pairs & some eye drops just in case.

This is great information since I know nothing about contacts. I am somewhat concerned with how difficult it will be at first to get myself to stick something in my eye. Guess that comes with practice!

GBA

It may be tricky at first but you'll get the hang of it, if I can do it anybody can!

"...if I can do it anybody can!"

Not this guy, I can't even get a drop of visine in my eye, it just runs down the side of my face kuz I close my eye to fast lol...yup just focus on the target, let the pins go blurry, and keep both eyes open!!

~Z~

The peep i suggested will allow you to wear your glasses and will clear up your pins for you. Your target may lose a little resolution but you'll see your pins just fine if the system will work for you. It may be the solution for you and still let you wear your glasses. It's a lot less than a new set of contacts ot lasix it retails for about $50.00 + and you just tie it in where your existing peep is and shoot. You may want to look into it.

Unfortunately, there is no cure for age related presbyopia. 100% of adults over 50 will need reading glasses. Most people start changing around 40. LASIK only fixes the Cornea of the eye, it is the flexibility of the lens and the muscles around it that make it impossible to focus up close. You can get a procedure call ?monovision? where one eye is treated for distance and the other eye is ?overcorrected? to see up close. However, this will totally screw up your archery shooting. Your dominate eye MUST corrected for distance. Thus, the pins will always be blurry.
If you are looking to get LASIK, do it before you turn 40 so you will have at least a few years without glasses.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom