I need a new finger bow.

StickFlinger

I am looking to buy a new finger bow, I need to upgrade. Is there such a thing anymore? I need one that has a 31" draw and left handed. The only one I have seen is the reflex caribou. Any comments or suggestions would be helpful.

Take a look at an ultratec with the Xt3000 limbs at 40 1/2" ATA or the Protec at 45 1/2" with XT4000 limbs or the Protec with the XT3000 limbs at 40 1/2". All would be good finger bows. The Caribou isn't a bad bow either. I doubt any of them would be a stock item since they are not in demand and you shoot from the wrong side.(like me) I have a friend that has the protec and really likes it. I shoot an ultratec and it's also a very forgiving bow and shoots great. good luck!

P.S.E Has a bow called a shark. Not to spendy and long enough for finger shooters. I bought one of last years models and it has just one cam. This years model has 2 cams. It is a very forgiving bow and has plenty of speed for me. I think that the new mojo is also long enough for finger shooters but have never shot one.
Basinboy

traditional bows are all finger bows. or were you thinking of a compound? ive also only seen the caribou.

Do yourself a favor and unless you have a 29" draw or shorter get a 7 1/2" BH and over 40" A 2 A. My suggestions are a Reflex Caribou or a Hoyt Protec. The Ultra tech would be nice as well. I shoot a Mathews Rival Pro that I like, but will get a Protec again after this season.

Mathews Ovation, 8 inch BH and 40 ATA. I bought one to shoot with fingers. I ended up learning to shoot a release and will never look back. Its a very forgiving bow , very accurate and easy to shoot.

Wouldn't the Bowtech COnstitution be a good choice too? It has a 8 1/4 inch brace height and a 40" axle to axle, 65%-80% adjustable let-off, and draw weights from 40-70 pounds.

Keep the Sun at Your Back and the Wind in Your Face

II'm a finger shooter as well, have been for over 30 years, and I've tried just about everything on the market. I've had good luck with the Mathews Conquest 3 and Ovation and Bowtech Pro 40. I owned a Hoyt ProTec with the 3000 limbs, but could never tune it to my satisfaction. I found out later that a lot of very experienced finger shooters, including a number of pros, had similar problems with the Cam & 1/2 system. My brother shoots a Bowtech Constitution (with fingers) very well, but I've only shot it a bit. My present bow is a Ross CR 337 and I just ordered another one. I'm shooting it well enough that I've decided to get back into serious competition. Good luck in your search, it ain't easy these days.

Venado muy grande!

I just bought the Hoyt Protech. It's Quite an upgrade from my old 1992 Proline. But costs 5 times as much. Will try it out on a Canada Moose hunt this fall. Thanks for the help. I'll let you know how it goes.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom