I need some advice...

Dreamin_of_elk

I know I know I'm super cheap, but I need a decent pair of binoculars that won't break the bank. I'd love a pair that's under $450. Does anyone have any recommendations of a good pair in that range?? Thanks in advance for your help.

Leupold wind rivers....i'll swear up and down by them, any problem just sent them in you get a new pair...can't beat that!

littlebeaver.jpg

Zen Ray is coming out with the ED3 right now that will actually fit in that price range.

Amazing glass for the money.

I just took my own advice and ordered the 10x43mm Zen Ray ED3.

With the 20% coupon they ended up being $436 including shipping.

I'll probably be selling my ED2's soon.

+1 nikon monarchs.

Bosch and Lamb has rights to the patent that NIKON owns. Every body like leica and even swarovski buy their lenses from Bosch and Laumb that gets them from Nikon. So why pay more??? just get them directly from nikon and save yourself some money.

It was a big bodied 2 point.

I agree that the Nikon Monarchs are pretty good binoculars for about $300. I have the 8x42. My opinion -- just my opinion, others no doubt have different opinions -- is that for field work 8 time magnification is the best you can have unless you use a tripod, and I don't use a tripod With 10x, your unsteady hands will make the image move around and you really won't get the benefit of that high magnification. Also, 8x42 are inherently brighter than 10x42. Bigger magnification, you need bigger objective lenses.

P.S. - I have the Nikon Monarch ATB 10x42mm as well as the Zen-Ray 10x43mm ED2 and the Nikons get left at home or I lend them to a friend if they are going with me.

The Nikons are nice, just not as nice as the Zen-Ray. They are smaller though.

Leupold windrivers, 200-230. Can't beat them for the money. My brother has an $800 zeiss and i can't tell the difference. I can throw mine on the dash and not worry about them...

Go with Nikon- My dad just bought the 16x and they are amazing.

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Try a pair of vortex if your lookin to go cheap or look on ksl sometimes you can score a good deal on somethin a little better. You may even be able to pick up some leupold gold rings for that price.

Cabelas has a decent optics plan which i believe is still in effect. I used the cabelas xt 10x42 for a couple of years and thought they were a decent glass. They told me at checkout that if in the near future if you wanted to upgrade that theyd buy your old set and put the money towards a new set. Just a thought.

Take it from a guy that has 10+ pair of binoculars in the price range you are looking for.
You will not be disappointing in the Nikon Monarch ATB's 10x42
You can save money buy buying the referbashed ones off ebay.
And you will still have there no-fault warranty
The only ones I don't own and want to try are the Vortex.If you don't want to take a chance on them get the Nikons

I'm on my second pair of Monarch 10x42. Gave my first pair to my boy. I've put them through hell and they still work great. My only gripe would be the eye cups...constantly readjusting them. That being said, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another pair.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom