Idaho 45 archery elk

T

TBOP

I was fortunate to draw an archery elk tag for unit 45, Sept. 15-30. I have maps and am planning to get started with scouting as soon as time permits. I don't know a whole lot about the unit, but I do know there is a lot of private land and access may be difficult. I am wondering if anyone can share which parts of the unit provide accessible public land areas that hold elk? General areas to start scouting? And I'd also be interested in folks opinion on the quality of this hunt and the quality of bulls nowadays. Any information folks can share is very much appreciated!

Don't know much about the country/access in that unit, but I do know an Idaho Falls guy pulled a great bull (380+ I believe) out of there several years back! Good luck ;)

Wow! Well 380 is well above my expectations, but I guess a guy can always dream! Good for your friend for finding a real giant down there!

I was able to get out for a day trip over the weekend. Just drove around as I had the little ones with me. Have a lot more to learn so I'm hoping to get down there again soon. Lots of good looking country for sure, but lots of it is private. I did find some elk though, just a group of cows and spikes. I'll keep digging!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom