IDAHO RESULTS

H

HeadHunter

BRIANID & OTHERS,
THE IDAHO RESULTS JUST POSTED ON IDFG WEBSITE.
GOOD LUCK

I have been checking the F&G website every hour today. 7th strait year for me not drawing on deer, elk or antelope. There's always next year.

I was also checking all day for the results. I had a really good feeling this year, but no tags for our group either. I guess I will buy a general ID tag. Hopefully WY will be a little nicer to me.
Good Luck next year Brian!!

Headhunter,

Finally drew a tag in Id. Unit 36a-2 elk hunt. The only other hunt that I have been able to draw in the past has been the unit 75 muzzleloader hunt. Good luck to all !!!

no tags for my group. 11 years only 1 unit 47 deer tag. and no points. i know a guy drew unit 40 late deer this is his 4th time in 12 years or so. somethin aint right.......................

2 whitetail tags in 21 and 60X, and a late muzzleloader ES elk in 61. Got something to do besides general season.

No elk draw for us but there is always the archery tag. Hmmmm might have to think about that. Good luck to eveyone.

Happy trails
Ridge Runner
"Now Pilgrim,you sure you can skin grizz"

Idaho did it to me again. This is the 14th year in a row with out a controlled hunt tag. They will get the yealy email about my concerns, but it won't matter. I think we need to go to some kind of bonus system in a bad way. I just don't think that the draw system should be based on luck. If you put your time in you should get drawn some year. Oh well, I'll try and kill another general season elk and deer. #$$#%#@ fish and game anyway.

IB

I cant argree any more. I wish Idaho would get on the Ban wagon and incorperate a bonus system. I have been putting in for a controlled hunt in unit 36a-1 for the last 17 years with no luck. Yet the fish and game swears that a preference systems dose not increase your odds. I would like to have some of what they have been smoking. After 17 years of preference points you could have drawn two or three times.

No tags for my group either. I agree that it does get pretty irritating to not get a good draw hunt year after year. Oh well, I will just look forward to my rejection next year.

Well a lot of you will be happy to know that on my first attempt to put in for a controlled hunt I was not succesful either , guess we will pound it out with most in the general .

My group was unsuccessful all the way around, as were my Dad and hunting buddies. Not too often do you go 0 - 10 in a state, unless you have no bonus points and everybody else is ahead of you. Time to get out the maps and start preparing for the general hunts!

Shelby

Cabuck,
Congrats on your tag!! That should be a great hunt. I didn't draw the MZ hunt this yr in 75. After last years hunt, I did not feel too bad about not drawing. That area needs some rest.
Good Luck on your Hunt!!

I'm sorry but I gotta laugh. I'm hearing some of you complain about applying in Id for 3 or 4 years and not drawing.
Amatures!
I've been playing the Id controlled hunt game for 24 years and have drawn 0!
Thats right 0+24 in my own home state!
In my opinion Foo+Goo is selecting special groups of hunters for thier controlled hunt tags.
Ever notice the ammount of females, handicapped, and junior license holders recieve controlled tags every year?
I believe Foo+Goo cater to these people in order to generate more interest in hunting.
Last year I requested an audit of the controlled hunt program and it was denied.
No one oversees the program. Foo+Goo is doing its own thing with no body watching. Of course the same people draw all the time.
Id needs to go to an honest bonus/preference point system like every other state has.
If youre fed up, dont ##### here.
Call/write the Governors office and CC Foo+Goo.

I know I will be unliked for my opinion, but I don't think you all should try to change our state, if you want a point system, put in for a tag in a state that has one. I happen to like the luck system even though it hasn't been that good to me. I have never figured out why people play a game with certain rules and do nothing but complain about them rules. If you don't like the rules then don't play the game. Thats my unpopular opinion. Good luck to you all on the rest of your hunts.
IDhunter

Idhunter,

Could not have said it better! Being from Ca. and having hunted Id. since 76 I can tell you that your F&G Dept. is beholding to your resident hunters as they should do. The problem lies in the fact that much of there revenue comes non-res. hunters. In the 70s and most of the 80s Id was the premier mule deer local. Since the late 90s and 20s it has suffered, just ask the F&G how many tags they have left at the end of the year. The situation has gotten so bad that the F&G will sell a resident or non resident a second deer tag just to get additional revenue. Imagine, a two deer tag state in which you cannot even sell one. Sounds like you are turning into California.Drew an elk tag this year or would not go to ID. If you can draw a controlled hunt then fine, otherwise I will continue to apply in other states who manage their game and not their tag sells. Id has such great deer and elk habitat it is just a shame

At least you ID folks have the opportunity to hunt the "general" season when you don't get drawn for one of the controlled hunts. In AZ, if you get "greedy" and apply for only controlled hunts and come up short, you get the luxury of sitting out for a year (or heading up to CO or ID to hunt the general season there).

I wouldn't complain too much. From what I hear, a person who resides in ID can hunt one thing or another for the better part of a year.

P.S. In AZ, when you do draw that "once-every-ten-year-tag", your hunting season is usually about 5 - 7 days long. Oh yeah, and did I mention that we are still waiting to find out if we got drawn.......... Try explaining to your wife that you can't take any family vacations until you find out what you got drawn for (IN JULY) for fear of not having enough days off work.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom