Idaho Unit 27 November Deer

edodge24

Hi all, new to the site. My buddies and I are going to do the November deer hunt in Unit 27 this year. We're going to be flying in to one of the air strips. None of us have ever been to this unit before and was wondering if anyone would be willing to give us any advice or tips on what air strip to fly into and any tips on hunting this unit. Any feedback or stories would be appreciated. Thanks.

I am looking at going to the same area in late October. Went up in 04 and got an elk . Can't remember the name of the strip. It was in the middle, fairly close to a nice lodge ?? Anyway was wanting to take my son to c the country and hunt. Possibly loon creek but I am open to any suggestions as its been a long time .

Unit 27 is a fun hunt. I hunted it last year. Best of luck to you. Be prepared for snow I ran into 2-3 feet of snow in the loon creek area. There are numerous air strips I would suggest the loon creek area due to the migrating deer and elk following the drainage toward the middle fork. I never seen the same buck twice last year. The deer have an unique genetic trait in the area I hunted. I would glass,glass,glass. Find vantage points and focus on the big bare yellow faces and the north facing pine pockets.

I hunted in November. The last two weeks of the hunt nov 5th-20th. No bears heard a lot of wolves and seen a few far away. Definitely buy a wolf tag, while you're there. Seen a few elk definitely not what the herd numbers used to be, but seen a couple good Bulls 290-300"class. I shot a 195" typical Muley last year in the unit. They are in there glass your butt off and find the does. Once the rut cracks off toward the end of the hunt is the best depending on the snow and the general locator you will be hunting. Do you know what air strip you'll be flying into.?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom