Idaho unit 39 bear

dilagaf

I am looking to do a spot and stalk bear hunt in the sprin of 2016 in Idaho's unit 39. Looking for a little advice on rather or not it is worth my time in this popular unit that is so close to a big city. Is this a good option for a spot and stalk hunt? If a couple of guys spent some time in this unit and worked hard covering a lot of ground with both boot leather and glass is it plosable to have a successful hunt? Any tips or advice on areas, tactics, or different units would be greatly appreciated.

Done really well over 3 year period. But we baited. Have seen lots of bears but never hunted spot and stalk, just saw bears incidentally hunting turkey and running bait up. The area I would think would be good for spot and stalk would be Atlanta and in the spring snow could keep u out of that country. Not this year of course! Good luck 39 is huge unit with high bear population don't let metro area scare u off. I haven't bear hunted for 2 years because everyone who wanted one got one.

>39 sucks!

Well thought out response there. Bet that one took you hours.
To the OP yes unit 39 is a good bear unit. I am an inexperienced bear hunter and got into bears last weekend while I was up there. You likely won't find one road hunting but if you are willing to hike a bit and glass you should find bears.

Thanks Andrew. Are there any area that you recommend that I should avoid or concentrate on? Pm if you would like.

Thanks for the input guys!

>>39 sucks!
>
>
>Well thought out response there. Bet
>that one took you hours.
>
>To the OP yes unit 39
>is a good bear unit.
>I am an inexperienced bear
>hunter and got into bears
>last weekend while I was
>up there. You likely won't
>find one road hunting but
>if you are willing to
>hike a bit and glass
>you should find bears.

I think you missed the point.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom