Idaho unit 45 elk

BuckHntr13

Drew the archery elk tag in 45. Anyone willing to give me their thoughts on the hunt? Have some places in mind to go check out in the coming weeks and would love to run those by someone that has hunted it before. Thanks in advance.

Hunt the pine aspen mixes all throughout the unit. Hunt the edges of the provate and hunt the stufff on the mid to northwestern side of the unit.

A lot tougher hunt then most realize. Early those elk are high and on private. They stay up there too, October rifle hunts have the same problem . Everyone thinks it’s a slam dunk. A lot of tags get ate by people who don’t realize what the access actually is in that unit

A lot tougher hunt then most realize. Early those elk are high and on private. They stay up there too, October rifle hunts have the same problem . Everyone thinks it’s a slam dunk. A lot of tags get ate by people who don’t realize what the access actually is in that unit
Yeah I knew there was a lot of private but I just don’t have any other times to hunt for myself this year other than September. We killed a 340 bull out of there years ago on the late rifle. It sounds like that hunt has really effected the age class unfortunately. I will be fine eating tag soup if I don’t find one I absolutely want.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom