Idaho Unit 65 Moose

Chukarchaser

Drew a moose tag in my home state of Idaho for Unit 65 in the Driggs area. I live 5-hours away so I will be scouting often. Does anyone have any information on the moose in this unit? Any tips would be greatly appreciated as I have never hunted moose. Also, any information on mule deer since I will have a general season tag?

Congratulations, i killed mine in 07, in unit 14. T he best time to hunt them for the best experience is during the rut,which the time frame is a lot like elk September 17-October 5TH. I shot mine October the 2nd, and it came right to me on the call. Unit 65 is a great hunt,and should be able to get a big one! Good luck..

Great Bull!
Did you have to go on Private to get him? Any suggestions on making private contact? I have family in Idaho Falls but they really don't know any land owners. I talked with the Idaho big game biologist for the unit and he seemed to think there are a lot of nice bulls on public. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated!

I killed that moose on private. I got real lucky on one of my trips and ran into the landowner. A lot of the moose are on private. But there are plenty on public. I had 2 different bulls within 25 yards on public. Neither of them were big enough tho.

I drew that tag in 07 and my wife drew this year! I hunted public land and killed one my the first trip in mid September. My bull has decent width but not the paddles so much. But I liked his character. I was super pleased with him.

You will likely be done by the time we get to go this year as I will be deployed until mid October. Kind of a bummer but we will still have plenty of time. Good luck. Maybe we will run into you over there.

Drew a moose tag in my home state of Idaho for Unit 65 in the Driggs area. I live 5-hours away so I will be scouting often. Does anyone have any information on the moose in this unit? Any tips would be greatly appreciated as I have never hunted moose. Also, any information on mule deer since I will have a general season tag?
Howdy Chukarchaser!

Your post might as well have been written by me THIS PAST WEEK!

I also live 5 hours away and drew the bull moose hunt in U-65 a few days ago.

I'm where you were in May, 2016- looking for info on where I can find for a bull in U-65.

Do you have any info you can pass along to me?
I'd appreciate any info you care to share.

Thank you!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom