If ya don't know CPR

feddoc

Long Time Member
learn it. Heart doc at the he ER said the only reason my wife is alive, at least for now, is the 20 minutes of CPR I gave her.

Prayers for her would be appreciated.

Learn CPR for the sake of your family and loved ones.

Same thing happened to my mom 15yrs ago. Slumped over at her desk, heart attack. 2 co-workers knew cpr and saved her life! Keep us posted feddoc. Prayers her way.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-11-15 AT 05:01AM (MST)[p]PRAYERS doc for your Wife!

What happened?

[font color="redhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMsueOnu0kY

A prayer sent feddoc! She was lucky you were there!

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

Prayers sent Buddy, praying for the best.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

LAST EDITED ON Jan-11-15 AT 10:35AM (MST)[p]Prayers sent.

Yes I've performed CPR, not successful, on a 9 year old girl.

Prayers sent!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I had to give CPR to my 4 day old baby several months ago. It took responders just 4-5 minutes to get to my house, but not sure if she would be here if I had to wait for someone. Definitely worth the time. Hope all turns out well for you.

All the best for your wife, may she have a full recovery. Super job fed, you did your homework, your preparation investment paid dividends. Great lesson for us all.

DC

Doc said he was going to take her out of her induced drunken stupor at about midnight by slowly re-warming her. She likely won't be awake until noonish.

BP is a bit off, oxygen in her blood is good, brain function is good (emg responds to touch and voice), hear rate is good and she has been breathing on her own for the entire day and most of yesterday...although I must confess I don't know if they ever put her on a ventillator. Still in critical care, but doc is optimistic about a full recovery.

I can't say enough about my kid, 14. He handled things like a boss and did all that was asked of him. Didn't break down until today.

Thanks for your support.

All sound like things are good as can be expected! I remember that day like it was yesterday! Still sendin prayers, update us when u can.

Today begins the journey towards recovery or not. Cardiologist says her heart is doing well on its own, lungs are slowly clearing up. Sedation has been removed....no issues in over an hour.

The big issue now is brain function. When I spoke her name she opened her eyes a bit a few minutes after sedation was removed and responded to car keys tickling her foot. I am mildly optimistic. It pains me greatly to see her like this. I cannot imagine my life and hunting partner not being here.

CPR...gotta get it done.

Wishing the best feddoc.

So sorry your family is going through this.

Bill

People who work for a living are quickly being
overwhelmed by people who vote for a living.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-15-15 AT 10:38AM (MST)[p]Feddoc when my mom was coming out of the effects of the drugs she recognized my dad but clung to him and shook her head when I asked if she knew who I was like I was the boogie man, 1 of the sadest days of my life. We didn't know how long she was out and feared brain damage. 5 hrs later she asked us every 15 minutes if we knew she had had a heart attack. Those meds take a long time to wear off. She made a full recovery but that 1st 24 hrs and her shakein off those drugs was tough to see. Hopefully this comforts you and yours these next hrs. Prayin u get the same result!

Scary day for you Feddoc!!

Hope she recovers quickly - you are in my prayers for sure.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Sorry to hear about your wife "doc" hope that she comes out fine and the family can relax. Our prayers are with you and the family and of couse your wife.

CPR has done some changes in the last 10 years from what I have heard. When I was working we had 2 CPR and first aid classes each and every year and WE had to attend, it was manditory.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Sorry to hear about your wife.
There should be mandatory CPR taught in all schools. CPR as well as swimming should be taught to our kids from the earliest age.
There is absolutely no reason why we as a nation should not be prepared.
Changes in the CPR protocol have changed and now for first responder's compression's take president over breathes.

Good luck to you...

Stop Global Whining

Saturday revealed a strange, and fortunate, turn of events. Saturday afternoon about 1400 doc says no purposeful brain activity. She had absolutely no response to anything. The order was given to disconnect life support.

I went home and began preparing for a life without my wife of 14 years. Gathering bills, clearing out the file cabinet looking for life insurance policy.

Then my SIL called Sunday morning and said the doc wanted to talk with me. I knew what he wanted...permission to install a feeding tube and O2 lines. She stopped having violent seizures about 2200 the night before and has remained calm since. Between 2200 and 0700 she regained the ability to purposely track things...people, objects and responded to pain stimulus.

Heart and lung function have returned, unaided, to near normal...near enough to supply a tiny bit of O2 as SOP. She started sucking on a napkin dipped in her favorite coffee and smiled as I talked and kissed her. Purses her lips when I apply balm.

Sunday PM before I left, she used her elbows to raise herself up a bit and can voluntarily move her feet. No speech, although I can hear her mumble and no fine motor controls...yet. I suspect as her brain continues to return to normal size (seizures were the result of swelling) some fine motor skills will return.

Not out of the woods by any stretch. I will take my victories as they occur.

Two docs and the nurse of yesterday say they have never, ever seen anyone who was so near 0 brain activity recover as she has.

As of Monday she has spoken for the first time.

That is awesome news!!!

2311idiot.jpg

Great news. Hope it keeps going right for you.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

From no neural response on Saturday to walking ... ever so slightly assisted ... today is our miracle.

You continue to be in our prayers and thoughts! Keep up the good fight!

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

Prayer works.

WOW. Beautiful story! So glrad to hear the good news.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

I won't clog up web space with any more updates...until elk season 2015.

First, I want to thank all of you for your support/prayers/kind thoughts. From HA, to heart stoppage (and pneumonia), and removal of life support, my wife is concerned about two things; her cell phone password and whether or not the guys at hunting camp will feel safe when she shows up next year for elk season. I rarely discuss religion, but I must confess that neither I nor the doc have any other explanation other than a miracle from God.

I am confident she will be home soon, likely within two weeks, to begin rebuilding her life. So far the docs say that her cardiovascular and her respiratory system are doing what needs to be done in order to thrive. Blood work is normal, endocrine system is normal...every physiological system in her body is doing its job. All things are good, save for some physical and occupational and speech therapy.

Good luck on her road to full recovery! And give us a few updates between now and elk season!

Great update! Thanks!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom