I'm bored, so will you answer these questions

caelkhnter

Very Active Member
Well not much happening as far as my hunting goes. Did not get drawn for anything last year. Did go on a great elk hunt for my buddy's dad, that was a great sucess. Now as I am bored I begin to think about next year. So I have 6 points for archery deer. As a nonres. what are my chances of getting an archery Pauns. tag? Would I be better just going for a Bookcliffs tag? Seems reports of the quality in Bookcliffs is pretty good and the quality in Pauns is steadily falling. So what do you all think?

I think there are so many good areas for archery. I wouldn't sweat it. Chances for the best permits are slim. So go Vernon,Crawfords are a good bet late if u can use a bow. I am not sure about that. i think that is a archery muzz hunt. MY choice would be the Henerys if it has an archery. I have near max points for elk. 11 of them in fact. That is a lot of years to go with out a tag. Don't do it unless u have to have the biggest buck on the hill and chances of that are well just plane luck and plus u have to have the time and the permit. Good luck buddy
Rut

Put in for what area you really want to hunt, and if not draw, get an OTC tag for archery season and hit the Kibabs in AZ.

Have I offended everyone? I have seen more helpful, funny, and/or informative posts responding to hostile posts than I have received. Bah Humbug!!!

From the reports I have seen and the bucks I have seen come off the book cliffs, I would say that the quality of deer you are looking for depends on if you are looking for a typical or non typical. If you want a typical go for the book cliffs. Non typical for for the Pauns. The typical bucks on the Pauns, are all crab clawed fron ends, hard to score really good. I would say that the deer heard is definatly gooing down hill on the pauns and gooing up on the cliffs. The Kiabab is also definatly going down hill I wouldn't suggest hunting the Kiabab unless you have lots of time to hunt.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom