I'm done and......

M

manny15

well I'm done with the pillar bedding and glass bedding job on my Win 7WSM, so I shot it today it's more accurate then I can be, first 2 are 1/2" at a 100, all the way up to 7 shots before I let the barrel cool, and then shot it again it's the same, she's holding tight now...I'm happy....I like it so much I decided to pillar bed my old rem 7mag....thanks Guys.....Manny...

Howdy,

Well crap!!! I was hopin' I could talk you into comin' down here for a visit and we could work on that "shootin' iron" together!

Seriously, I'm glad for you. Feels good to accomplish some accuracy improvement huh???

Best to you and yours.

Coach

Manny15;

Congrats on your first bedding job. Now you have the basics down, you can tune up any new factory rifles in the future.
If you encounter a rifle that bedding does not seem to help, check the muzzel crown for burrs, this seems to be a common problem after bedding.

RELH

coach'

I have alittle more understanding now after working on my own guns, confidence is more emportant while hunting with the gun you just fixed knowing it'll shoot better then average

=======================================

>If you
>encounter a rifle that bedding
>does not seem to help,
>check the muzzel crown for
>burrs, this seems to be
>a common problem after bedding.
>
>RELH
>

is it common even on a new barrel...?...

RELH is correct.
The muzzle crown can be a very serious determent to accuracy, and the most over looked.

And yes, I have read of some factory new rifles having defective crowns, but is more common on used rifles.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom