I'm in for the draw

goinhuntn

Just finished my online app, let the waiting game begin. Hopefully will draw this year. Got skunked again in Arizona for elk. Good luck to everyone!

Waiting for the last minute to see if results from other states come out first. It'd be nice if NM came out before NV was due.

I am waiting to see if there is going to be a transfer opportunity from the park where I am working to one down by Panaca.

Dillon

>Waiting for the last minute to
>see if results from other
>states come out first.
>It'd be nice if NM
>came out before NV was
>due.

Not going to happen with Nev date of 4-20

did last night as a NR, put in for points on deer/elk but applied for sheep, which is basically applying for a point..
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Still thinking and praying. Sitting at 11 NR pts and roughly 10% chance at units I want for deer /elk .Waited all these years for great opportunities and now I'm struggling as to what I'd do if I actually drew 2 OIL tags in the same year with conflicting dates. To turn a Utah tag back in cost a bundle , don't have the option to turn them in and retain pts in several states... Not looking for sympathy as it a great situation but still a bit stressful .. Know it will all work out ...just had a good Freind invite me out to Kentucky to hunt whitetail and think I may take him up as no whitetail mounts are on my wall right now . I WANT ONE. Wonderful but OH so stressful time of year

UT is screwing up many of my other app decisions like NV & CO. I am in with 18 points there and should draw my deer tag. If I do I want to devote everything to that hunt. So procrastinating on both NV & CO. No results will be out before these deadlines so I should just get these in before I forget.

Member RMEF, Pope & Young Club, NRA, UWC & DP Hate Club

Nevada has been really good to me, I have drawn some top units with not so many points, as a results I am on a waiting period for elk and antelope, and no bonus points for deer! But I am in the drawing for everything I am allowed to be and hope to beat the odds again! Good luck to all!!

Would you send a used Lucky sock I could sleep with? I would enjoy some of that Luck.. Application/ Drawing season= loss of sleep in my home. So excited to see what happens. I'll PM you with my address. Lol

I put in for Elk and Antelope this year and bonus points for everything else. I am a resident with 10 elk and 11 antelope bonus points. Hopefully the afternoon of May 22nd I will have good news!!

Wish I could, but in most other draws I have the same luck as everyone else, very little! Not to rub it in but I was drawn for a good elk hunt with 5, a good antelope hunt with 6, and a good deer with 8, But to balance things out, every place I went I had less than "normal years" hunts, Just to make the point, when I drew Antelope in unit 32, I saw many more mule deer bucks than I did antelope, defiantly not a normal antelope hunt, on my elk hunt in unit 72/74, I saw a few nice bulls and thought I had it made,in the days before opener, then went 5 days without seeing any elk, much less bulls! Still I had a blast and so I am hoping my unbelievable luck will hold up in NV, that way maybe before I die I will draw a sheep tag!!! Sitting on lots of points elsewhere but hoping that luck will change for those point soon.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-03-15 AT 10:28PM (MST)[p]Well Devo, since your unwilling to send me the Lucky sock.( I'm Bummed)...at least share if you put anything in the freezer on those hunts. And how big were there Mule deer in 32. I know I'm a demanding guy. I'll be putting in for Big 6 for elk and deer as I have a friend in Elko that can hook me up. I actually saw some decent antelope in unit 065 last year scouting. Any thoughts?

I'm in! I'm a resident.

Archery deer - 1 pt
Bull elk - 10 pts
Cow elk - 1 pt
Nelson - 18 pts
Calif- 10 pts
Rocky - 18 pts
Mtn goat - 9 pts

Antelope - waiting period

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I just stir it.[/font]

I'm waiting.............for my issue of HF. So I can stay away from units they promote.

My wife is getting close to some Nevada tags so I'm pretty hopeful. Saw some great antelope on a friend's elk hunt last year and that unit is relatively easy to draw. Shoot for the sky for her elk app, deer I haven't given it much thought yet. And any sheep tag for her would be awesome.

Me? Time out time for elk, just getting back into the antelope game after waiting 5 years, and I'm real picky with my deer app so I'm thinking the only thing I will draw is a sheep tag. :)

I did fill all my tags, the bucks I saw in 32 were medium sized, I saw a nice group of big horn sheep there that was pretty fun! 9 Rams together most of them were 3/4 curl, one small one. I saw several decent bucks in 074 when I was elk hunting, one really nice 4x4 he was wide, heavy and had deep forks. I saw a few decent bucks in unit 6 this last year when I was there, but I got excited and shot a buck before I got a good look at him. I saw him from way off and in my spotting scope I could see he was wide, and had deep back forks. When I drove closer, then hiked down the canyon, and was trying to find him, some does heard me and started to move off, when he went to follow them I saw him moving off and rushed it. He ended up being 27 1/2" wide but was a three point, not a bad buck just that it was still very early in the hunt and I was disappointed that I let my excitement get the best of me(again!) I will never make a good trophy hunter, but I have a good time and eat well!

Copy that Devo, still not in for Nev.....have to get Colo done quick then focus shifts to Nev. Happy Easter Sir. HE has Risen

I'm in.For deer and cow elk.I hope our luck is with us this yr.My brother handled the apps and picked Area 16 as an alternate. Have any of you guys ever hunted there?I have never been there.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-06-15 AT 09:56AM (MST)[p]Did my tags except Antelope as waiting to see if my buddy still wants to apply as it is his first time as a NV hunter. And since NR can not apply as a Party for Antelope that is the hold up sort of now.
I am on the 10 year waiting for Elk now so that will be out of the picture for me plus the time to collect points.....again I will be 95 y.o. so that hunt is out for me.

Just Deer and 2 species of Sheep for me and maybe Lope this year.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

In for:

Antelope doe with my FIL and friend
Deer, CBS, DBS, Goat
Bonus points for bear, cow and bull elk, and RBS.

Waiting period for buck antelope.

Will see how it goes.

I just finished applying. I'm in for desert bighorn, elk, and deer.

"Go hunt for meat at Walmart."

KILO,

I hope you draw another NV elk tag your first year back in the game...........how sweet would that be?

I drew a "lesser" tag in 2010 with only 6 PPs. I applied for that hunt thinking, "If I get this tag, wait 10 years, I'll 'only' be 60 yo." So glad I did. Great hunt plus I'm already 1/2 way through the waiting period @ 55 years old.

I will get to hunt Nevada elk again!!!!! Twice maybe since my wife should draw some day.

Thanks, hope you had a good Easter too, I put in point only for CO. again this years should draw a deer tag next year. I went back and withdrew my Nev. deer and changed my choices, hoping if I don't get extremely lucky and draw a great deer tag, I can get a little luck and draw a good early archery hunt. Good luck

I'm in now. Applied for pie in the sky hunts but maybe lightning will strike. Good luck to all. Really enjoy MM forum . Great folks and have gained valuable info via PM and phone calls .Even connected with a man who is basically my neighbor here in NM

Did a dual app with my oldest boy for deer 221-223 ....

Just too busy this fall to risk anything else.

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

Finally got mine in. Having near 20 point totals in several states has it's downside. I have to triple check overlapping hunt dates and tag return policies, etc. Much less PTO days from work. It's becoming work just applying.

Zim
I feel your pain.
I have 54 Points for Mule Deer alone.(4 states)
Not to mention all the points my son and daughter have piled up.
Im in for Nevada Mule Deer down south.

buckhorn,
Ya I am 55 and looking at all these expensive points accumulated. My evaluation is they are no longer worth it. I am trying to burn as many as quickly as possible before the next politician devalues them yet again. The states are now using these schemes to profit selling the opportunity for hunters to NOT hunt. Sadly, these state's money-fer-nuthin mentality affects many of my applications. I want to burn and get out of the schemes.

Agree Zim , the point creep ( crap) has disheartened me as well. Been applying in 6 states for many years now and just want to burn a couple of out of state hunts each year and be done with it. So sad for young hunters just now getting into the out of state mess. Just want to make good choices the next 4-5 yrs and then wash my hands and focus on in state and easy to draw out of state tags NM draw just around the corner....yeah.

I was hoping to see results from NM before I submitted my NV application, but NM didn't release their results yet so hit the submit button on NV late this afternoon.

Zim and Buckhorn
You guys ruined my day. After reading your posts about total points, I started wondering how many points my three sons (ages 14, 19, 21) and I have accumulated so far. I have an excel spreadsheet that I use to track all of our applications, so I did a quick math calculation and came up with 817 points between the 4 of us in 6 states. Good thing ID and NM don't keep points otherwise the total would be well over a 1,000!!!

I hate to think of what that equates to in dollars spent.

At least we are at the point where we can be guaranteed 2 or 3 good deer, elk or antelope hunts every year and maybe an occasional sheep or mountain goat tag once in a while. I hope my sons can get some of their premium tags before I'm too old to accompany them.

SDBugler,
Yes well sad but true. Politicians see captive vulnerable prey in U.S. Nonresidents who are NOT their constituents and their mouths water to rape us.

Every year I have to scour the brewing legislation in all these states just to see who is aiming to bend me over. It's always someone. This year was Arizona. Who will it be in 2016?

When I think back before the Internet and online applications and HF I just laugh. Those were indeed the good old days. Now it's all about money.

I'm proud to announce that I am point free from every State. I used my last Wyoming points last season. At 67 I'm out. Time to get back to my roots with OTC tags and general seasons.

Oops! I did apply in Nevada this year, but checked the box to only purchase a license if drawn. No more bribe money from me.

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

LAST EDITED ON Apr-22-15 AT 09:35AM (MST)[p]The Nevada Big Game draw system is broke! Bonus points in Nevada are nothing more than away for NDOW to swindle more money from hunters. Look at the bonus point data for elk, there are hunters unsuccessful in the draw with over 15 bonus points. This system could easily be fixed but it would mean greedy NDOW would loss some money. The way to fix this is 50% of the tags go to the highest bonus points first the other 50% would be lottery for anyone applying. Over the next couple of years we would see the average bonus point to draw alot lower. I think this is fair for everyone but why would NDOW do this when the can keep hunters applying for the same tag for 15 plus years. NDOW does not care for the best interest in hunters instead they are a business all about making money.

>LAST EDITED ON Apr-22-15
>AT 09:35?AM (MST)

>
>The Nevada Big Game draw system
>is broke! Bonus points in
>Nevada are nothing more than
>away for NDOW to swindle
>more money from hunters. Look
>at the bonus point data
>for elk, there are hunters
>unsuccessful in the draw with
>over 15 bonus points. This
>system could easily be fixed
>but it would mean greedy
>NDOW would loss some money.
>The way to fix this
>is 50% of the tags
>go to the highest bonus
>points first the other 50%
>would be lottery for anyone
>applying. Over the next couple
>of years we would see
>the average bonus point to
>draw alot lower. I think
>this is fair for everyone
>but why would NDOW do
>this when the can keep
>hunters applying for the same
>tag for 15 plus years.
>NDOW does not care for
>the best interest in hunters
>instead they are a business
>all about making money.

Keep it as is....those are just very unlucky or very picky folks.

Yes those people Are most likely very picky. Now the more points one has I can't really blame them for being picky.

As for ndow being greedy they aren't idaho.

Cograts indeed eel. Now that is something to be proud of. I am entangled way too deep, but bailing wherever possible.

>The Nevada Big Game draw system
>is broke! Bonus points in
>Nevada are nothing more than
>away for NDOW to swindle
>more money from hunters. Look
>at the bonus point data
>for elk, there are hunters
>unsuccessful in the draw with
>over 15 bonus points. This
>system could easily be fixed
>but it would mean greedy
>NDOW would loss some money.
>The way to fix this
>is 50% of the tags
>go to the highest bonus
>points first the other 50%
>would be lottery for anyone
>applying. Over the next couple
>of years we would see
>the average bonus point to
>draw alot lower. I think
>this is fair for everyone
>but why would NDOW do
>this when the can keep
>hunters applying for the same
>tag for 15 plus years.
>NDOW does not care for
>the best interest in hunters
>instead they are a business
>all about making money.

NH, The 50/50 thing is exactly what AZ is trying to do. You just watch Nevada. When they see their new hunter participation drying up due to no chance to draw, they will change the rules.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom