Interesting Bill HB-97

J

jamaro

FYI...
There is a BILL HB-97... The link is on my website..
that would RESTRICT CERTAIN HUNTING DRAWS TO NON-FELONS ...

Good or Bad? Not sure... Give me your input..
J-

I am pulling this from a Facebook discussion...

New Mexico law prohibits people convicted of felonies (in New Mexico or elsewhere) from possessing:

firearms
bombs
grenades, and
missiles.
The law does not apply to people who have been pardoned or received a deferred sentence or completed their sentence more than ten years ago. (N.M. Stat. ? 30-7-16.) For example, a person who was convicted of felony drug trafficking and released from prison 15 years ago could legally possess a firearm in New Mexico.

Also, if you are a felon you can still put in for the rifle tags but hunt with a bow... I can see wanting to hunt with your buddies but being a felon you can't even if you are hunting with a bow..

I am not real sure where this came from but we are asking around...

J-

Jason I don't see any reason to use up any resources on this bill. There are other laws that take care of it. I'm pretty sure convicted felons are out there hunting. May be they should focus on dead beat parents going hunting vs taking care of there children.

>Jason I don't see any reason
>to use up any resources
>on this bill. There
>are other laws that take
>care of it. I'm
>pretty sure convicted felons are
>out there hunting. May
>be they should focus on
>dead beat parents going
>hunting vs taking care of
>there children.

Hey Brother...

I agree... We are not sure who asked for it.. This MIGHT be coming from the Dept itself.. Not sure..

As far as deadbeat parents - two years ago we help a bill that didn't allow parents that owe child support to hunt or fish... It is on page 15 of the 14-15 proc... It is/was call the "Parental Responsibility Act"...

J-

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom