Interesting Pic series

D

dakotakid

Anybody have any info on this picture?

mulecougar.jpg

Mike
at235.gif

I am going to rub my crystal ball and guess at this one. I see lion dogs in the back ground of the photos watching this event. I'd say the cat was treeded by the dogs and then shot. It most likely was carried by the hunters to their stock and they then noticed their stock did not care for the dead lion. Not uncommon in any form to have a horse or a mule act defensive around a dead lion or bear. If my guess is close I don't understand why one would stand there and take pictures while the hide of this cat was being destroyed . Just a guess.

Jeff

Taq,

Thats my guess on it too, looks to be dead already and the mule simply wants no part of it. In one or two of the pics it looks like the cats "stiff" with rigor-mortis already. I dont have any pertinent info on the pic, just stumbled across it and thought one of the mule or hound guys here might know something about it.

Mike
at235.gif

I had these pictures sent to me last night too. If you look at the lion closely you will notice that there is no shadow being cast by it.
You can clearly see a shadow off of the Mule.

It looks like a photoshop job to me.

I don't think it's a photoshop job. I think this mule just went ape sh*t when they put the dead lion in front of it, and they "just happend" to have the camera ready?? Pretty cool pics, I don't know why you would want the hide torn up or you would want to scare the crap out of a mule on a hill side.

I have never hunted lion with hounds, but it seems the dogs would be right in the middle of the fight. Maybe they know the lion is dead and don't mess with a pissed mule.

It will be interesting to hear some houndsmen's take on these pics.

Wyomingben

Well, i own some hound dogs and i've seen a few cats killed in a tree and unless you tie the dogs up, before you shoot as soon as the cat hits the ground, the dogs jump right on it and bite the crap out of it. So i don't know. Wierd

It could be a reward for the mule's hard days work. I took a lion several years ago. After the puma collapsed and fell from a tree, the guide allowed his dogs to pummel the cat as a type of reward for a job well done. At the time I was concerned about the pelt being damaged, but the guide assured me all would be fine. Lions have tough skin I guess. Anyway, I had the cat mounted. There are no signs of any damage from the grapple

I got the same pics! Cool huh! That is the best damn mulehound I have ever layed eyes on. I would pay good money for a mule that can track,tree, and stomp a lion. I can't ride my hounds to the tree! I wouldn't worry about the hide, it is as tough as it gets.

3bigelk

Mules are know to do this, even though it looks like the cat was dead. I have heard of them doiing this to dogs and other unknown small "predator" animals as well. I guess the pics just prove that.

Dutch has got it right. Mules just don't like small animals like dogs, cats, calves etc. My hunting partner had to buy a calf a few years ago because his mule went apeshit and stomped and bit the life out of it. It was all mangled and even had chunks bit out of it. A neighbor found a stray dog and put it in the enclosure with her horse and mule (dumb kalifornia transplant) It was sheep fence so the dog couldn't get out, alive that is. The mule chased it down and mutilated it.

BeanMan

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom