interesting

sremim

Very Active Member
Hunter's undies credited for his rescue

Associated Press
Jan. 10, 2005 05:31 PM

ROGERS, Ark. - There's a reason Mom says to always have a fresh pair of underwear. The Rogers city attorney learned this week that it's to attract rescue helicopters.

Ben Lipscomb found himself lost in the flooded backwoods of Bayou Meto this week while duck hunting with his Labrador retriever, Josey Wales.

He only managed to make it out by tying his white briefs to the end of his gun barrel and waving them at an Arkansas State Police helicopter. advertisement

Decked out in full camouflage hunting gear, Lipscomb was practically invisible as the helicopter made several passes at dusk.

"They had passed over me a couple of times," he told the Morning-News of Northwest Arkansas after he was safe and sound back at his City Hall desk. "I knew I had to do something to get their attention."

Anticipating a cold night in the wilderness, Lipscomb drank dirty bayou water and ate a raw duck breast before he was spotted.

Lipscomb had been in the flooded timberland near Hollowell Reservoir for about 12 hours when he was rescued. He went out with two other men and had already shot a couple of ducks when he and his dog spotted a host of ducks a few hundred yards away. After killing and bagging four of them, he realized he didn't know where the boat was.

"I got turned around. I started walking in the general direction of where I though the boat was, but it wasn't," Lipscomb said. "If it hadn't been for (the police), I would have probably frozen to death out there. It was a real humbling experience."

Sounds like a Bill and Monica story without the blue dress. What a fine man.

Must have been a new pair he got for christmas. Most underwear down south blends in better than camo. All original patterns.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom