Is Colorado cutting NR deer tags

schoolhousegrizz

Very Active Member
One fishing game office told me they weren't the other one told me they are. What's going on here are, they cutting them across the board or just certain units or not at all for now?

All I apply for are high demand hunts anyway so no big deal.

I agree, Colorado is very fair to the NR hunter you won't hear me whining. and every one of the resident hunters I ran into last year in 66 3rd were very friendly and a few became friends. I never did see the buck I hoped for, but I had a great time and I appreciate the opportunity and hospitality.

They should restrict the resident applicants proportionally based on which county they live in. For example, nobody from Boulder could ever go deer hunting again. But you’re probably right, they’ll just cut NR tags.

I totally support ALL states improving opportunity for residents. That's how it should be. I get involved in my own state and we have made many great changes recently in my opinion. Others should do the same. If the hunting in your state sucks, work to make it better and be grateful for the opportunity you still have to enjoy other states as a guest, even if its more expensive and not as often. If you don't think its worth it, feel free to take up another hobby. The rest of us will gladly pick up the slack.---SS

From what I am reading, the final decisions on quotas/ percentages won’t be decided until
June 2024 and won’t go into effect until 2025. Correct?

Last edited:
From what I am reading, the final decisions on quotas/ percentages won’t be decided until
June 2024 and won’t go into effect until 2025. Correct?

IMG_1273.jpeg

Based on the questions I got from DNR survey after my 2023 deer hunt it sounds like they are rethinking allocations.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom