Is Everyone Ready For Snow

Remember last year? One early cold snap w snow, then back to beach weather. How many years in the last 10 has there been significant snow in your unit in Oct, or even Nov? My take is that lasting snow and cold arrive @ least a month later than in the last century. Couple years ago I hunted 13 in December w 0 snow, even up on Flattops. So no migration to winter range during that December.

>Will be heading to the Flattops,
>anyone know how much they
>are expecting there?!

They predicting 2-4 in Meeker, who knows as you go up in elevation.

I've hunted a few 2nd season hunts and been hit with good snow up high. It definitely helps hunting, but doesn't last long. Things warm back up quick in October. The snow needs to come during the hunt for it to be beneficial, and a significant amount to. When that happens, there's no resting, you hunt your butt off.
I love those days right after a heavy snowfall.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
@mm_founder on Instagram
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

Chance of snow this Monday & Tuesday especially above 7500ft. Significant cooling afterwards. Expect cold temps in the pre-teens later next week.

Definitely not t-shirt weather after this weekend.

Depends on where you're at. This snow ain't leavin and its liable to be 3ft deep by Wednesday.

1654420191024164824.jpg

#livelikezac

NOAA website, Grand Junction

.LONG TERM...(Sunday night through Friday)
Issued at 325 AM MDT Sat Oct 26 2019

Snow will be ongoing behind the cold frontal passage from Sunday
night through Monday. As mentioned previously, the new Winter
Storm Watch lasts through 6pm Monday where snow is expected to
linger for much of the day. An interesting feature was noted in
guidance tonight - a bit of moisture with Pacific origins is
advected northward toward the boundary on Monday morning across
the Four Corners region. This feature, combined with a timely
passage of the main vort max from the west, may briefly enhance
snowfall across the southern slopes of the San Juans and US 160
corridor on Monday morning. The NAM is most bullish with this
feature, however it is notable on the GFS too. Certainly something
to keep an eye on given possible impacts to the moisture-starved
southwest corner of Colorado.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-26-19 AT 04:05PM (MST)[p]I hope it happens, we sure need it down here in the SW. Cattlemen are hauling water and the cows leave dust clouds when they walk. You can hear a bird on the ground in the leaves from 50 yards. And thats in the high country.

Bluehair
Splitting my time time between the winter and summer range......
May you live long enough to cash in those preference points. Amen

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom