Is there crying in coyote hunting?

SWINGBOW

I finally took my new Foxpro out for the first time. I've been busting my butt with mouth calls for a while now, trying to get a coyote in close enough for my son to get a shot with his 17 hmr. This kid has been such a trooper and I am so proud of his dedication. I quit carrying my gun a while ago, I just want him to get one so bad. Anyways, we were in an awesome spot that I've been wanting to try for a while but haven't had time to walk all the way in there. At the 10 minute mark we saw a coyote coming in fast from about 400 yards out. He hung up at about 175 and started looking a little nervous. For the next 5 minutes he slowly worked his way into 120 according to my rangefinder. My son couldn't take it any more and against my advise (I told him to wait until the dog was within 75 yards) he squeezed off what he felt was a good shot. I've seen this kid hit pop cans at 150 with the same gun. Well, needless to say, he missed. I looked at his face and immediately grabbed for the camera. After I asked him about the shot he said all he could see was his head and that he was aiming right between his eyes. I couldn't help but laughing at him trying for a head shot. On the long walk back to the truck I told him that I have missed WAY more coyotes than I've hit.

4769p1070531.jpg

I can't wait to show him this picture when he gets older, although I don't want him to get older...

LOL good story, great picture! Hang in there you will get him one! Then it will turn into him working hard to get you one!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

If I had killed all the coyotes we have called in they would be on the endangered list. LOL
Keep your head up you will break the ice soon.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Wonderful tale to tell later in life when he's older. Head shots tough to do even with a bigger gun. Chin up young man, you're turn will be here before ya know it.

Tell him its alright i missed 3 different yotes in 2 days with my 243. But i ended up still shooting 1 out off 4.

Glad you get your boy out with you hunting. The first one is always the hardest it seems but once he finally connects he'll be laying out the fur in no time. My shooting skills have gone out the window this year... I've missed more coyotes this year than in all the several years I've been hunting coyotes.

Keep at it!

Workman Predator Calls Field Staff
http://www.workmanpredatorcalls.com

he will get the hang of it . he is lucky you are patient. if i looked at my old man like that he would have backhanded me for sure. good luck on the dogs !

Hee Heee,
Great story man.
You will need to post pics for us when he does finally let the air outta one.

That picture is worth a thousand words...lol.. Been there done that..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom