is this a scam?

sageadvice

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON May-18-16 AT 04:06PM (MST)[p]i see this in local craiglist...everything works, runs great, $1500.

9749gator.jpg

i respond with email that i'm interested, when/where can i see this machine. next day, i get this reply.

Hello,

I apologize for the delay in replying, the UTV is still for sale if you want to buy it. My name is Charlotte Gilman and now I am the legal owner of the 2010 John Deere Gator that I have decided to sell for $1500. It has 4x4 812cc Gasoline Engine , 268 hours. Everything works in the UTV, This UTV runs and drives as it should and have no problems. If you buy the UTV, I want to let you know that you will have 5 days to inspect it once it is delivered to your address. I have all the documents, service records, owner's manuals and will come with it.

Unfortunately, my father passed away 3 months ago, and I no longer need it. The UTV was never used, since he passed away and it was stored properly. The UTV is located in Cheyenne County, NE, but the shipping is already paid so you don't need to worry, I had an buyer in your state who couldn't take the loan from his bank after we made arrangements to ship it, and the trucking company won't refund me so I can deliver it to your address if you buy it. If you have any questions about the UTV or if you want more photos please feel free to ask.

God bless you,
Charlotte

Seems too good a deal to be true. then the buy now, get later is a red flag. what say the brothern?

Joey

Keep your slimy Paws Off My, Yours, Our,.. Public Land!!!

I'm Sayin if You Ain't Been Screwed Lately sage you're gettin Close if you keep Dealin on this Machine!

[font color="blue"]HUNTIN,FISHIN,AND LOVIN EVERY DAY,I WANNA SEE
THEM TALL PINES SWAY!
[/font]

What Bess, the machine is no good or the deal is a scam?

I never owned a quad, nothing of the like but i took in a couple hunts in a buddy's ranger as a spotter for him on private and kinda liked the experience.

Joey

That is probably an $8K machine and she's selling for $1500? She must be a long lost relative of Song.

I have my 1997 Ford F250 on craigslist right now and I had a military guy email me wanting to pay me via cashiers check or paypal and he'd have a friend come get it. He was currently out of state. He could only respond via email. I told the guy I will not sell it sight unseen for any price. Pretty sure that was a scam but maybe could've had him send the cashiers check to a PO Box or something. Never heard from him after that.

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

1500.00 & Free Shipping!

Hell of a Deal Uncle sage!

THEM TALL PINES SWAY!
[/font]

She'll Deliver it to Your State!

Did you tell Her you Live in Kali?

THEM TALL PINES SWAY!
[/font]

Thanks Wiz! While looking thru the adds on CL, i saw a lot of nice pickups for sale, same kind of thing, way too cheap unless something was drastically wrong with them. Is CL a known hangout for scam artists? Why is nobody putting these guys in jail where thief's belong?

Joey

THIEVING BASTARDS!!!

THEM TALL PINES SWAY!
[/font]

I love messing with scammers. They say something like that machine is located in Cheyenne county Nebraska. My reply is what a coincidence, my brother lives there and he will look at it and then I never hear from them again.

Way old scam.

i left my phone number with my reply yesterday, i got a call a few minutes ago... but nobody would speak up or talk to me. My guess is i can't be hurt there, or can i?

Joey

Careful Uncle Sage!

These Thieving Bastards Have Ways of getting your Personal Information!

THEM TALL PINES SWAY!
[/font]

Foundation, good hearing from you!!

Bess. Thanks Bud!

again, Why is nobody putting these guys in jail where thief's belong?

Joey

search the same model on craigslist and you'll find the ad the picture was lifted from.....

Scam.

They're almost impossible to catch and prosecute. The guy or gal who posted could be in Algeria. Or could be your neighbor.

Ask yourself why someone in NE would try to sell one so cheap in the Susanville CL? It would be gone in about an hour locally in NE.

I bet if you got back to her and said you'll take it "she" would have some weird way she would want you to send the money. Try it and see what "she" says. She'll say something like "I'm on the road. Please wire the money to this account (which might be in Nigeria.) And then go out and sit on the porch and wait for it to arrive. LOL!

Yeah Eel, i guess you're right. I found this in my search for answers...

http://www.lovefraud.com/beware-the-sociopath/millions-of-sociopaths/scant-prosecution/

i've so far made about 500 purchases from e-bay. Living out in the stix as i do, shopping here is very limited and clothes in my sizes, hats to shoes, are almost impossible to buy without going online. So far, i've not been cheated.

Joey

Sage that is a very common scam on Craig's list. Low price with shipping from out of state. They get your check or money order and tell you it will be delivered in about 7 days. Gives them time to cash your check or money order and disappear into the woodwork. By the time you figure out you got screwed, too late to stop payment on the check or money order.
another one popular with Craig's list criminals is they sell some thing for a very good price. You bite and they have you meet them in a out of the way place to buy it with cash, and rob you of your cash at the point of a gun. Dope users are very good for pulling the armed robbery stunt to get money for their drug use.

RELH

LAST EDITED ON May-18-16 AT 10:25PM (MST)[p]Usually you can find the same ad in other areas on Craigslist. Typically it's in a different location, or a different contact. But the same rig, price and picture. Don't give them any response e-mail or anything. Don't know how they do it, but we had our e-mail hacked one time. I don't know from where or how they got into it, but we could tell someone was on it. Had to change our e-mail address and the whole headache that went with it. Figure they troll someone else's e-mail hoping hto find personal information on it.

Well, silly me. This is my first experience with almost getting scammed. Thanks guys for all the help!

Joey

>Write her and tell her your
>Uncle Bess lives nearby and
>will come over with Ca$h
>and pick it up.

LOL MaxCarp!:D

THEM TALL PINES SWAY!
[/font]

These scammers will also usually send an email address for communication if you send them a text. Then they have your email if you reply. People suck. Be careful Joey. mtmuley

>Is it illegal to send a
>big box of poop to
>them??

Not if you put elkassssss' return address on the box.

Bess would demand that they return the poop to him so he could use it as fertilizer in his garden.

RELH

Hey Now!

Is the Machine still for sale?:D

THEM TALL PINES SWAY!
[/font]

Sorry Sage
Get ready for a lot of crap e-mail and robo calls on the phone, Hard to believe they can spot a license plate miles away BUT can't find these crooks.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

> Hey Now!
>
>Is the Machine still for sale?:D
>

>[font color="blue"]HUNTIN,FISHIN,AND LOVIN EVERY DAY,I WANNA
>SEE
>THEM TALL PINES SWAY!
>[/font]
>

There is an unlimited supply. Everyone who sends money gets one. :D:D

Ok, update time, I got a phone call this afternoon, sounded like about a 10 year old.

me Hello, Joey!

Who's this?

me It's your dime, don't you know who you called?

I'm not sure, maybe i have a wrong number.

me Who are you trying to call? This number is xxx-yyyy

That can't be, that's my number.

me What area code are you in?

I don't know.

I hung up. Thinking about it, i can't help but wonder if this was somehow related to the scam. They already had my number, maybe they were confirming. I hate thieves!

Unrelated but about strange wrong number phone calls, i once called a wrong number and got this real nice guy with a very strong southern accent. I apologized for the mistaken number and he replied, "Hell that's OK, we don't get many calls here lately, here let me let you talk to Maw, heck if you didn't call, we wouldn't a had anybody to talk to attall!" What's a guy to do but talk to Maw? So i did... :)

Joey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom