It figures

hntbambi

I was fairly lucky in the draw this year as I have a cow 17 ML tag and a rifle mule deer tag for desert deer. On the way to work on 7/6, a lady decides to pull out in front of me (I ride a motorcycle) and down I go. I got away with just a shattered homorous on my right arm. Yep, I am right handed. Hopefully, I will recover enough to pack out a critter. I can always shoot left handed, but packing one out solo, may be the biggest hurdle.

During the ride in the meat wagon to the E-room, all I thought about was will I be ready for elk season. That's messed up.

bambi,

That sucks! Hopefully you heal up without any lasting effects! The elk will be there next year if need be.

Call in some favors and get someone to pack your elk out. If your legs are good, you need to go.

Bummer!!! Do what the doc says and especially eat right and do the PT. You oughta make it.
Man, this is always my nightmare....get in great shape busting butt all year for a great hunt and then have something flukey take you out right before the hunt so you can't go. I've dreamed this scenario and woke up in a cold sweat!! Sucks!! Nowadays for the month or so just before the hunt, I find myself tiptoeing around avoiding anything that my cause me to fall on my arse....talk about the jitters. Anyone else act like a newborn baby just before the hunt like that?

Sorry to hear that man...what a bummer to say the least! My nightmare as well. And, like Lowcountry, I actually make it a point not to play on any of my organized sports teams for about a month before season and don't go back until after my big game hunts are over. (My non-hunting teammates think I'm an idiot)Would never forgive myself if I missed a season because of blowing something out in a stupid sports/beer league...

Heal quick Bambi and be thankful it wasn't a career ender man. Thank God it wasn't worse.

-Cody

LAST EDITED ON Jul-18-09 AT 01:22PM (MST)[p]This post reminds me of a concern I have. Zach my 11 year old has a youth ibex hunt that I understand is on a very severe mountain.

This is in Sept right during tackle football season. They have a very short handed team and Zach last year was quarter back and took some ugly licks. This team is so short handed that he plays both offense and defense. I will be crossing my fingers. I am just hoping that he does not get hurt during football before his hunt.

>Paul,
>Is Zach on the Cloudcroft team?
> If so, he might
>play with my buddy Dan
>Holmquist's son.
>
>DC

Yea. I dont think they are in same age group, but, Zach knows him.

Thanks guys. My arm seems to be getting better everyday. I go back to the Doc this week, so we'll see how it looks then. This is before surgery.

broken1.jpg

Owwww!! You SMASHED that thing!! Don't believe in doing anything half-assed eh? Drink lots of mile and eat well with lots of protein and calcium bro!!!

That isn't a broken arm! It is SHATTERED!

That hurts just lookin at the X-ray!

Hope you get healed for this falls hunts. At least it isn't and archery hunt, huh!

Good luck!

Dustin

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom