It's about time!!!!

C

catmando

After almost ten months of dealing with the bloody insurance wankers they finally had to pony up!!!! (I have picked up some english slang due to their appraiser wearing off on me)

It is the ultimate in frustration dealing with insurance companies who think they are right. To the tune of over $30,000 that will end up being spent by both sides to see the process carried through appraisal (arbitration). Money that would have been better spent on the settlement instead of engineers, attorneys, witnesses, appraisers and an umpire. If they would have done what was right in the first place it would have save the insured alot of money. No wonder insurance cost so damn much these days.

If it wasn't for our PA(public adjuster)which we hired we would have been screwed. If your ever in a fire, flood or other major loss and the insurance starts jacking you around you had better hire a PA. Trust me, you will know when you need one!!! They are well worth the money.

I'm not going to disclose any award amounts, but we will be able to do what we need to do finally. They ended up paying five times what they offered on personal property, paying for 14 months ALE (loss of use), instead of the 6 months they stated in one of their scathing letters was all that we were entitled to. We also ended up getting almost three times their initial offer on the structure for ACV (actual cash value) which is the depriciated using some magical formual they pull from some body oriface.:eek:

After letters containing numerous threats of taking us to court, deposition hearings, take it or leave it etc, they actually had the tansity to accuse me of acting in "bad faith". I would say that I know who was acting in bad faith based on the award amounts!!!!!!

All in all I wouldn't wish something like this upon my worst enemy!!! The trauma they have put my family through this last ten months is indescribable. Basically by all the new definitions in this country for terrorists they would qualify.}>

I have three massive files of crap if anyone is ever interested in reading the "life and times of Catmandoo's tornado". I don't know if it would be a top ten seller or not, but it is entertaining reading.

After enduring this episode in our life I can now say that life in camp with the likes of Ed, Stan, Dawg, Bluehair, Kattrax, CB, etc., can be considered as childs play;-).

The drinking, hookers, spandex tights, all day dog chases, hangovers and U.A.'s now seem mild to this event, however they might be able to change my mind.

Thanks for your thoughts, prayers, phone calls and support in general. Now the real work begins!!!!!!

JUSTICE IS MINE!!!!!!

Catmandoooo!!!!

Whew Hew !!!!

Thats what I'm talk'n about !

Justice, Vindication, Satisfaction, Inibriation, Celebration, Master--- well.. never mind, glad you were able to kick that Insurance Co.. night in the ruts !!!

:)

Steve Lithgow
http://www.waycoolkennels.com

Congratulations catmando, sounds like a victory that was a long time coming. It's unfortunate that you had to go through all that legal crap to get them to listen to you. Enjoy the moment.

What other buisiness (scam) do you pay a lifetime of premiums for and when it comes time to use what you paid for,You get slammed! I love when the little guy wins!

SWEET! I'm glad to hear that you got what you justly deserved and so did the insurance company. I love to hear snootty, obnoxious, arroganct people getting theirs... Does that make me a bitter person?

About ten years ago, a friend of mine had some tools stolen from his shop.

After dealing with his insurance company for months trying to get a fair settlement out of them he finally got close to what he wanted. When all was said and done the insurance adjuster asked him "Well, did you learn anything from all of this?".

He replied "Yea, I learned that you guys are bigger crooks than the guy that stole my tools!"

Congrats on seeing it through to the end.

Insurance companies fall somewhere on the humanity scale between Al Gore and Osama Bin Laden.

glade to here the good news. man i am really happy for u and ur family. most be nice to know its over and u all can move on. way to go.
stuck

Nationwide/Allied. Nationwide aquired Allied approximately three years ago. When it comes down to it all insurance companies suck.

The most important thing is the coverage in your policy!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom