It's just been one of those seasons...

Coloradoboy

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Sep-23-14 AT 07:18AM (MST)[p]First off, I hope everyone has been having a good September. Whether it be spending time in the woods , with family, on the couch watching football or worst case scenario working. My Colorado archery season has been a rough go to say the least ... Things started out with me arrowing a 330ish bull opening morning. I didnt make the exact shot i wanted but it still should of killed the bull and i still believe it did. I heard the bull fall within minutes of him taking off but I made the mistake of pushing in to soon and jumping him out of his bed. Half of it was because the rain began to set in and I feared losing blood. I gave the bull 2 hours before starting on him again and by that time I had lost most of my blood trail. I spent the rest of the day and into the night looking for him with no success. I was forced to kick off the mountain that night due do too my tent being damaged in the storm. I spent the next weekend looking for him again with no success. I elected to put the bow down for muzzy season and help a friend and things only got worse. After returning to the truck one night after a 2 plus hour hike i made an absolute bonehead mistake and left my bino harness laying on the ground next to my truck and drove off without them. I returned the next day and they were gone. I've talked to other hunters, posted signs at different trailheads and contacted the DOW, Sheriffs department and forest service with no luck. Needless to say I made someone's year with a pair of Leica trinovids and a Leica 1600 rangefinder...
I really hope a honest person will contact me regarding them but I doubt it at this point.. I keep going back and forth with cutting my tag and skipping out this last week or picking myself up and giving it one last try...

Coloradoboy

I've never been unable to recover an animal but I can say that if you put every effort into finding the thing but end up not recovering it then hit the hills and fill your tag. You participated in a thing called hunting. Wounding animals is part of the game... Not a desired or necessary part but still a part none the less.

I will say that if you wound another one then it's probably time to hang it up and rethink your marksmanship.

Good luck with the bino deal. That is something a lot of us have dealt with.

Good luck, chin up and do the only think that makes you and lost of happy... Hunt

Travis

Some seasons just work out like that don't they. It's too bad about the bull but if you put in an honest effort then that is the most you can do at this point. For me, if you think the shot was a killing shot, and it sounds like you do, then I would call it a season and try again next year. I think when it is all said and done that's the right thing to do. That's just my opinion and I respect your decision either way. If you have the itch to hit the hills maybe just go for a hike or make another try at finding the bull. Good luck and I hope the rest of our season improves.

>I've never been unable to recover
>an animal but I can
>say that if you put
>every effort into finding the
>thing but end up not
>recovering it then hit the
>hills and fill your tag.
>You participated in a thing
>called hunting. Wounding animals is
>part of the game... Not
>a desired or necessary part
>but still a part none
>the less.
>
>I will say that if you
>wound another one then it's
>probably time to hang it
>up and rethink your marksmanship.
>
>
>
>Good luck with the bino deal.
>That is something a lot
>of us have dealt with.
>
>
>
>Good luck, chin up and do
>the only think that makes
>you and lost of happy...
>Hunt
>
>
>
>Travis

Travis I appreciate your advice. However I have the utmost confidence in my ability with my bow. I spend countless hours behind the string through out the year. I'm still young but I've been around the game long enough that these things happen when it comes to bow hunting. It still doesn't make the pill any easier to swallow.

Coloradoboy

Bummer!!! I'd like to think that whomever picked up those optics is a honest person who would love to give them back to you if they could find you. Hopefully that works for you.
My buddy found a gals wallet in Wyoming this year. I'm sure she was happy to get all those cards a DL back. Replacing all that is such a pain!

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
Will you LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook! I need a friend....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom