It's started!

I have never waited for the Nm draw did you get a email for the pig tag?or did you look it up on line.

email - 5 minutes ago. I checked online right away and it still says pending - Oh the agony for the rest. Early draw was all disappointment.

WOW!!!!

I also got drawn for first choice elk rifle 16D
and my son got drawn for youth ibex.

WAHOO!!!!!!!

i guess you SOL if you havent got one just kidding be expecting them until 7pm if not then you are SOL!!!

"Hunting" Its Not A Hobby Its A Way Of
Life

looks like if you get your email early its a good thing anybody get a unsucsessful yet.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-07-11 AT 05:30PM (MST)[p]Drawn two years in a row bull elk archery! Also everyone I know got drawn. We have 11 tags total. $$$$$$? :)

Guess it paid to go ugly early. Me and the boys drew unit 50 first rifle bull. Don't laugh....we hunted it hard last year and know where the SOBs go to bed every morning haha. We also drew unit 37 first rifle deer. Just like my chili....green is always better than red. Good luck everyone.

Just got my 2B second rifle! I'm pumped. We drew 2B for muzzle loader last year and didn't kill a thing. I only saw four bucks and a hundred does. Maybe this will be a better tag.

No e-mails at all... BUT a buddy on the same app as me for elk called and he got a e-mail for late ML cow tag in 15! It gives me hope! Maybe my e-mail is just slow or NMDGF messed it it up or something. Looks (won't believe it till I see it though) like I'm going elk hunting! Now... to buy a ML! :)

Same here! My Dad got his Barbary email but I didn't get anything yet and we were on the same app. So maybe things are just slow.

Travis

LAST EDITED ON Jun-07-11 AT 06:37PM (MST)[p]Went 3 for 3..drew jan 2b bow for deer, 6a bow for elk, and a javalina tag.

A unit 17 archery buck hunt in January for me. Great way to start the new year!

The agony of still waiting is killing me and its not helping the situation reading all the success stories. Congrats to everyone who has drawn so far and to those who still don't know best of luck!

>The agony of still waiting is
>killing me and its not
>helping the situation reading all
>the success stories. Congrats to
>everyone who has drawn so
>far and to those who
>still don't know best of
>luck!

Since my inbox is still void of a message from NMGF I'm thinking I once again got the dreaded UNSUCCESSFUL for all applications. Oh well there's always next year.

Congrats to everyone who drew - NM is a great state to hunt!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-07-11 AT 06:57PM (MST)[p]Alas, my inbox still has no message from NMGF as well. I am betting I will see the big UNSUCCESSFUL when results are posted. Congrats to all who drew. Time to start looking to Plans B & C.

Next year I am tossing out that positive attitude crap and gonna whine my way into a tag :)

Congrats to all that drew.

>Next year I am tossing out
>that positive attitude crap and
>gonna whine my way into
>a tag :)
>
>Congrats to all that drew.

I'll join you. Thinking about starting right now.

Another year, another resident who didn't draw..Can't wait for next year and the extra tags. I know..I know..sour apples yep..but I still wish all you lucky sonsbitches good luck and happy huntin.

20 Years and I thought I drew my first tag in New Mexico and then I Realized I accidentally put in for a cow elk tag!! Can you get a refund in NM or am I out of Luck?

5 years of NOTHIN in a row, looks like another year out in the desert with the coyotes. Cant believe this BS....

Hunt Hard. Shoot Straight. Kill Clean. Apologize to No One.

TerynItUp-

I know how you feel. Went through the same sort of stretch until two years ago. I went five years in a row with nothing. This year was a third choice elk in 6C but I won't complain a bit. At least we're heading to the hills.

By the way, I think you are good friends with Chris. I saw your post of the mulies. Chris used to work with me in Albq. before he moved to Utah.

Steve
NMelkhunter

Any non-residents draw? No e-mails for me, unless the send out the NR last. Maybe next year.

Bill

No Gila hunts but got our 3rd choice elk unit 45 archery. Will be great to be back in the Pecos Wilderness first time in 10 years. This is really the hunt I wanted anyway. Will be a great combo with my Wyoming moose hunt.

No deer tag.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-07-11 AT 08:48PM (MST)[p]lik2hnt
Yes we are NR's and we got our emails right away. My son and I drew drew youth mentored ML antelope, my son drew a youth ibex, and I drew a 16D elk tag (first rifle).

Teryn
Sorry to hear about your bad luck with the draws. With everything that you have done for others, you have certainly desrve a tag of your own.

My buddy and I applied as a party. I got an email for 2A late archery deer but he hasn't received an email yet. What's the deal?

>My buddy and I applied as
>a party. I got an
>email for 2A late archery
>deer but he hasn't received
>an email yet. What's the
>deal?

Your buddy, myself and at least 1 other person are in the same boat. I have not gotten a e-mail yet, but a guy on the same app as me did! That means I should get a tag! Not getting my hopes up too much till I see it on NMDGF website though. Gives me hope for other hunts I applied for also!!!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-07-11 AT 09:48PM (MST)[p]My father, myself and small group of buddies have drawn a combined 6 Gila elk tags and 4 deer tags... don't even know where to start right now. Yeah, I'm beyond stoked! Been on the phone planning since I got the emails!

Congrats guys!

www.streamflies.com

unit 16 archery deer, east of hwy 285 antelope, and archery javelina!!!!!!!!!!!! to bad I will be deployed in November anyone got advice for archery antelope here. Im from Idaho and antelope will be new to me.

What the F!!* I was looking at the Game and fish web site and in the message section of my app some say approved and others say referral ?????????? Every hunt states PAID PENDING what the hell is Referral???

Me and a friend drew Barbary Sheep and Javelina. I have never hunted either and am
looking forward to the challenge!

Congrat's to everyone that drew!!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-07-11 AT 10:06PM (MST)[p]>5 years of NOTHIN in a
>row, looks like another year
>out in the desert with
>the coyotes. Cant believe this
>BS....
>
>Hunt Hard. Shoot Straight. Kill Clean.
>Apologize to No One.

Teryn, I am sorry to hear that you didn't get a successful email, I truly hope that when you look online you will see the green "successful" that you said you were going to see in post #32 on SB196 Passed 38 in favor.

"Windage & Elevation Pilgrim, Windage & Elevation"

LAST EDITED ON Jun-07-11 AT 11:29PM (MST)[p]34 Archery Elk - Sep 1-10 (The only season I could put in for and I drew)

Thanks Paul. We were coming home for a strategically planned month anyway, so the tickets are already in hand...

Deer and barbary for me. Maybe I didnt get a email for elk because I drew the caldera. I hope thats the case. Do know two people that drew bighorn sheep.

I drew a 23 elk(bow) 30 antelope(bow) and a 29/30 sheep tag. My wife drew 33 deer rifle. So it looks like the tag gods were good to us again this year.

I drew out 23 Elk bow 1st hunt, 23 Deer bow.
Wife drew out ML 24 deer
Dad, brother, nephew drew out 23 1st rifle deer

pinemesa

Results are posted on the NMDGF site. Just click on your account and click through to your applications (unsuccessful for me). If I click on the "Lookup Draw Results" button it still shows 'pending' though.

OUT OF TEN APPLICATIONS WE DRAW TWO DEER AND ONE ELK HUNT. FIRST HUNT IS UNIT 5A DEER HUNT ON PUBLIC LAND AND A UNIT 39 SECOND HUNT FOR DEER AND MY DREAM HUNT UNIT 51 DEC MUZZLELOADER. BEEN TRYING TO GET THIS ONE SINCE THE FIRST YEAR IT CAME OUT... IF ANY ONE HAS ANY POINTERS PLEASE PASS THEM THIS WAY.

Never received an email but just checked and Me and my cousin drew Valle Vidal Archery tags!! Super stoked.....
Also drew a 4th choice deer tag, which is a 1st 4 me. Unit 29

>TerynItUp-
>
>I know how you feel. Went through the same sort of stretch until >two years ago. I went five years in a row with nothing. This year >was a third choice elk in 6C but I won't complain a bit. At least >we're heading to the hills.
>
>By the way, I think you are good friends with Chris. I saw your >post of the mulies. Chris used to work with me in Albq. before he >moved to Utah.
>
>Steve
>NMelkhunter

Steve,
Good for you man! 6C can be a good hunt, we have gotten on some good bulls in there before. Know of a real good wallow that 2 bulls I know of have been taken off of in the last couple years. I'll PM you with my number if you want any info. Yeah Chris told me you were on here, the dude is getting hitched in August, should be a good time.

Congrats again!

Hunt Hard. Shoot Straight. Kill Clean. Apologize to No One.

Had a killer year in the draw...4 of 6 tags

Archery deer unit 16
Barbary Units 29 & 30
Ibex- Bow (Don't know if I'm man enough for this hunt...but gonna give it a hell of shot)
Jav- 19 & 23-27

After drawing 0 tags last year I couldn't be happier this yr! Congrats to all that drew!

Didn't draw Ibex, but didn't really expect to.

I DID get a Unit 36 archery deer tag. Be hunting the late season, hope crunchy snow can stay away around New Years!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom