Jackson Hole

kawboy

Very Active Member
Headed to Jackson hole soon, is there anything there that is a must see? Only going to be there for three days, but I have no idea what to do for fun while I am there.

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

I'd wait till the Weekend of Sturgous!

Wisz was a Hell of a Sport this year even if He did tell the UDWR to F-Off during the Phone Call!:D
15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
Missing 450" Bull!
The next 4 years is Slicks Fault,again,GEEZUS!
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

The sleigh ride on the elk refuge is kinda neat......once.
Jackson is overrated. I only live 1 1/2 hours away and every time we go there we quickly run out of things to do. Summer time is the best, in my opinion.

+1 on the sleigh ride once.

I'm up there 2-3 time's a week for work,the best part of the j-hole is seeing it in the rearveiw mirror.

sorry not much help.

"Sometimes i drink water to suprise my liver"

LAST EDITED ON Dec-13-12 AT 07:52PM (MST)[p]You'll like it.

While it's not the Jackson Hole of 1984, it's still a good visit if your not a regular and don't need a 5 star experience. The shops have some western art and the bars play country tunes. The scenery is spectacular, if you haven't seen it 50 times already. If you ski, there are ski runs in the area. Yellowstone is a short drive north but I don't know if the South Gate is open in the winter. If it's open, Yellowstone is different in the snow.

"The sleigh ride on the elk refuge is kinda neat......once." Yep!

You might find a snow mobile rental: http://www.jacksonholesnowmobile.com/self-guided-rentals.php

I know how the other guys feel though, it isn't the same as it was when it was smaller and further off the beaten path, 30 years ago. I've been to a lot of "cool" places in the last few years and they all seem to have the same problem, crappy people like "cool" places too and when they all move there to live, the "cool" places are no longer the kind of places most of us outdoorsy types like to spend time. Make sense? But most any place that was once "a great place" is still worth at least one visit, hence I think you'll still enjoy your stay in Jackson.

Attitude makes a difference too. Give us an opinion, if you darn, when you get back from your visit.

I am pretty excited. My wife and I don't have much for expectations, just a relaxing weekend. The sleigh ride sounds like a blast, we will try that out. For the most part I am excited to see the country. Hope to see a few deer on the drive there.

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

Kawboy-

Tons of wildlife viewing up this way. Don't know where you are coming from, but at the mouth of Snake River canyon near Alpine, you can find goats. A little further up near the Hoback, you can find sheep, and you'll see lots of deer too. Can't beat the wildlife.

Gaetz

Hey!

You ever heard of the Kawboy Bar?:D

Wisz was a Hell of a Sport this year even if He did tell the UDWR to F-Off during the Phone Call!:D
15" Bases?
30" 5ths?
Missing 450" Bull!
The next 4 years is Slicks Fault,again,GEEZUS!
GOOD GAWD A MIGHTY!

I just got back from a week up there.

Take Broadway straight out to the elk refuge and after it turns to dirt from pavement watch the north side Miller Butte as the sheep are down and hanging thru there in the rut. Some nice Rams and lot's a ewes.

Go north outta town on 89 and when ya cross the Gros Ventre river turn right on the Kelly road and there a allot of buff hanging thru there.

If a stop in one of the lil' turnouts you can glass north onto Black Butte and see the elk hanging on the face.

Swing by the Grand Teton visitors center and take the narrative talk/walk and spend some money in the gift shop===

You will be fine.

Robb

Take plenty of money..very pricey area..

sleigh ride for sure, dont forget your camara

Go eat at the Gunbarrel Restaurant. Really nice inside log lodge look with mounts. They serve excellent Buffalo and Elk.

elk ride and then go find the big horn sheep thta are wintering. they have a local team called jackson hole moose if you like watching hockey thats fun, you can stand right on the glass and watch.

Was over there bison hunting a week ago. Lots of moose up around Kelly and the Teton Science School road. Saw one group of 9 bulls altogether.

LARRBO.......I HAD THE BUFFALO STEAK AT THE GUNBARREL, MIGHT BE THE BEST PIECE OF MEAT I HAVE EVER HAD. COOL PLACE, BUT NOT AS COOL AS THE WILDLIFE MUESEM THAT WAS THERE BEFORE THE RESTAURANT TOOK OVER. HAVE A NICE CHRISTMAS...............YD.

I cant remember the name of the place, but there is a little shop in the main square that deals in old fossils and artifacts. They have some incredible pieces in there with incredible price tags. Last time I was in there they had a mammoth tusk that was selling for something like 400k. It might as well be a museum, but most of the pieces have been refined to be more like art than in a natural state. I think the place is amazing.

Lots of stuff to glass up take your good glasses and have some fun.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom