January 2C mule deer archery hunt

stewy67

Any info on area to scout for upcoming mule deer archery hunt. Finally drew this tag after 9 years!!! I was thinking of just east of Counselors (Smouse Mesa) or southeast of Angel Peak. Any tips would surely be appreciated.

A friend of mine drew the muzzleloader deer tag, 3 of the 20 tags for he and his 2 sons.They killed 2 bucks but all 3 had shots and seen some great bucks. Neither buck was really big , just a nice 3x3 and 4x4 but they saw one incredible cactus buck that his son missed....Unit 2C is just awesome!

Was out today up on smouse and Crowe . Holy mother of mud! The roads are really trashed. I've hunted 2b several times and I ain't ever seen mud like this. Almost stuck the tundra several times with chains on all 4. Saw sevetal different groups of does but no bucks Rut seems to be wrapping up.

Thanks for the update. That is where I wanted to hunt, Crow Mesa area. I guess I'll have to look elsewhere. Maybe the lower sage flats.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom