Jarbidge Wilderness NV

WannaB

I've been looking at potential hunts for 2023 and Nevada Archery Deer is on my list. Tags are tough, but it looks like maybe the NE portion of the State (closer drive from Utah) is a likely option. So, has anyone ever hunted the Jarbidge Wilderness area for Deer? I know it is good for elk, but haven't heard much on the deer quality. I'm asking for general info, nothing specific...just trying to determine if it is worth a scouting trip out there this fall. It would be an Archery Hunt...

Haven’t archery hunted it since 2007 for deer and it was always a fun hunt with some good bucks! Used to be able to draw that tag pretty regularly (3x in 5yrs) before the year 2000 when they went from 64 NR tags down to 7 tags and then it took 7 years to draw after that! Stopped applying after that . Can be hot during August!
08B238E8-7639-48A5-B488-EE25011AAB75.jpeg

scouted elk on the east side 12 months ago and saw a dozen bachelor bucks. 160 class was biggest

I've been looking at potential hunts for 2023 and Nevada Archery Deer is on my list. Tags are tough, but it looks like maybe the NE portion of the State (closer drive from Utah) is a likely option. So, has anyone ever hunted the Jarbidge Wilderness area for Deer? I know it is good for elk, but haven't heard much on the deer quality. I'm asking for general info, nothing specific...just trying to determine if it is worth a scouting trip out there this fall. It would be an Archery Hunt...
Deer quality is down since 2020.
The huge tag increases really hurt area seven. Not to mention the drought.
If you scout it early before the archery hunt starts And spend lots of time glassing early and late in the day you should find some bucks but probably nothing to get too excited about.

Spent a month up there in 2020 between scouts and my actual elk hunt. I wouldn't do it, saw a few bucks but nothing over 170

I have been in the wilderness a few times with the most recent time being 2017. I did not see many deer at all, but I did see a couple decent bucks with the biggest probably being around the 170 mark.

Hunted the eastside of the mountain 2019. Had a very hard time finding anything decent. Never seen anything moving in the wilderness. I was hunting the first rifle hunt.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom