Javelina Guns

N

Newbie (Guest)

I see in the AZ regulations that any centerfire, .22 mag and 5mm rimfire mag rifles are legal for hunting javelina. I know it is legal, but would a .22 Hornet be adequate for javelina hunting? Any thoughts or experience?

I've seen Potato Guns, water guns and Gerbil Cannons.. BUT never... never have I seen a Javelina gun !!

lolup.gif
lolup.gif
lolup.gif

• [*] -Moosie
~~If you're going to walk on thin ice, Ya might as Well DANCE !!
WALK the TALK, Or shut the HECK UP !!

Yes,
A .22 Hornet will kill hogs dead. They are not that tough. I have seen them fold to .223 shots at 200 yards from a 10 inch barrel T/C pistol, thats got to running about the same velocity as any .22 Hornet long barrel rifle load.

Bret M.

Tell us the truth, Moosie. What do you really do with gerbils? We know the truth, you can't get away with lying.

Last year, or should I say this past spring I killed my javelina with a 22. mag. It worked great!

"Tell us the truth, Moosie. What do you really do with gerbils? We know the truth, you can't get away with lying. "

Hey... I never said anything about not using them for things other then gerbil cannons.... But I do use them for cannons too :)

In answer to the topic, you can kill anything with any size gun. Make a good shot and don't look back.

• [*] -Moosie
~~If you're going to walk on thin ice, Ya might as Well DANCE !!
WALK the TALK, Or shut the HECK UP !!

A .22 Hornet will drop any Javelina dead. Javelina are not nearly as tough or as large as rumored. I've taken Javelina with a .223, .243, .357, and my bow. Once you've spotted the Javelina just walk into the wind and be prepared for a usually really close shot. If you spook the Javelina start blowing on a varmit call and the Javelina will run back to you thinking that one of thier own being attacked. Good Luck!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom