JDS' antelope buck (unit 52 NM)

vinihunt

0321.jpg

i ll let jds fill the report with his hunt! beautiful day, beautiful buck!

congrats again

vinihunt

Vinny,

Thank you again for posting the picture!

Your right this is a beautiful area to hunt. The weather was a little warm but still very nice compared to texas. We would see 40-50 antelope per day. Mostly feeding in the flats to the east. we sat a crawl in a fence for 2 1/2 days after spotting this buck the day before the season while we were scouting. he was the 2nd largest one we could find. shot him at 100-125 yards.

jds

Congrats on a nice buck , that is an absolutely cool picture . Looks like you had a great hunt , but you said "we" so how did the rest do ???? Thanks for sharing , it brought back memories....NMHUNTNUTT

nmhuntnutt1,

thanks for the compliment. my dad went with me for an extra set of eyes. he did not have a tag but was there the whole way. sorry for the confusion.

jds

cornfed,

i didn't have a tape measure and have taken him to the taxidermist already but i would think no more than 14". still plenty pleased with how the hunt took place and his quality. especially with a muzzle loader.

jds

LAST EDITED ON Aug-30-05 AT 11:02AM (MST)[p]donv,

thanks! yes that is sa mt in the back ground. we even saw a lot of goats just under the timber on that side of the mt. they would run horizonatally when pressured by hunters coming from both the north and south.

jds

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom