Jerky Place??

bigcreekmetal

Anybody know of a place in the treasure valley area that will make jerky? All the places Ive talked to make pepperoni and summer sausage but not jerky.

Thanks,

Josh

I quite sending jerky out and now make my own in the oven. It's nice to control quality and turns out really good.

Ive made alot of jerky in the past in the oven and the smoker but it takes so long to make a little bit that I thought Id have someone make a bunch in bulk and have it done with. But like you said being able to control the quality and tweek the recipe to match your taste is definately worth something. Then again so is all the time Id save by having someone make a big batch of it so....

I know that Custom Butcher in Garden City will make it for you give them a call.

The surprising thing about young fools is how many survive to become old fools.

Do you self a favor buy a dehydrator. I bought one from Cabelas
for around 300.00 I can due 20 lbs in 4 1.2 hrs if it is warm outside, cold outside figure 5 hrs. I have mine in the garage, set it for 145 degrees. I could sell jerky all day long. But I just like doing it for myself. Every body like it different, some like it soft, some like it harder. 20lbs will net about 10 lbs. Mike

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom