Join the Wolf fight!

Montana killed 377 wolves in the last year. Idaho killed 400 last. I think the wolf fight has been won. Now their just looking form money, honey!

I wanted to take a scalp,but the kill was not mine.

They couldn't possibly have killed that many wolves last year. After all, there were only going to be 150 breeding pairs and 600 total wolves, remember? :)

As a LEO once told me (while I was shooting pigeons on my property and one crapped on his squad car) "Kill the next one for me".

>Montana killed 377 wolves in the
>last year. Idaho killed 400
>last. I think the wolf
>fight has been won. Now
>their just looking form money,
>honey!
>
>I wanted to take a scalp,but
>the kill was not mine.
>

This fight has not been won, It has only just begun. We will be fighting this forever. The only difference is now the fight is on the ground.

Anybody wanna buy a bridge? I'll make a custom hat for you saying you bought my bridge in order to win the wolf fight so wolves can't cross your bridge. (((eyes rolling)))

If your holding on to the fact that you can get rid of wolves, then your going to be fighting forever. I've come to the realization that wolves are here to stay, so I'm making the best of it. I'm going to be the best wolf trapper I can.

That fight is won?

Oh, so the pro wolf people had dropped their ongoing legal battle to get them listed again?? The recent call to introduce them in other states has been dropped?

This is like fighting terrorists, it can never be "won" only contained with the upmost vigilance.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

The same people that think this fight is won are probably the same people that thought the polar bear fight was won. We fought and finaly had the polar bears removed from protection by the Marine Mammals protection act. They were hunted for a few years but the antis never gave up and had them listed on the ESA. Because of the "threat" of global warming. Their numbers weren't even in decline and no one can even prove that global warming was going to harm them. That didn't stop the brains from shutting it down though..

LAST EDITED ON Mar-11-13 AT 10:27AM (MST)[p] He asked for folks to join the wolf fight.

That usually means money. Right?

We won the wolf fight! We might not of won the war, but in the Rockies, and upper Midwest, we won the fight to manage wolves. In fact you can take up to 5 wolves in Montana and Idaho.

There's always more fights, just pay attention to who is going to use the wolf to make money. Both sides want your bucks, and are willing to make up chit to get it.

It's no different than whats going on with gun rights. We have won the "FIGHTS" but more battles keep cropping up.

I don't see a defined "FIGHT" for wolves right now. The courts in the upper mid west will rule in favor of wolf management.

I have heard that the people in that state plan a citizens initiative to stop the hunting of wolves. THAT would be another battle to fight.

Be cautious as to who you throw money at to fight our "FIGHTS"!

WOW... I just about spit coffee all over my computers when I actually realized that 4100 was really serious. A little tiny battle may have been won, but the wolf fight is going stronger than ever.

There is already a group of senators fighting to the wolves back on the Endangered Species List. The pro wolf groups are pushing for reintroduction in Colorado, Utah, New Mexico, California, Arizona, etc.

Why is it so hard to understand that this will and always will be an ongoing battle... Be it in rocky mountain National Park, the cascades etc.

We need to keep a close eye on this and not just assume that we have hunts now, that we will forever. I am scared that soon the wolf population is going to fall some due to lack of prey. When that happens we will not only see extremely low big game tag allocation but a new and larger push to a hunting/trapping ban back in place.

Hell look at MT and the possible "safe" zone for wolves around YNP....

Oh and do not forget we just lost Salazar and he is being replaced by the CEO of REI... A person being celebrated by nearly all animal rights and anti hunting groups!

The wolf is going to stay.

The wolf should stay.

The wolf should be managed.

The sooner we, as hunters, take a reasonable approach (that wolves are part of the ecosystem and we can successfully manage that ecosystem for total health) then the sooner the radical antis will also make compromises (ammo laws, NEPA battles, ESA fights, 2nd amendment arguments).

Seriously, stop crying wolf. It's boring and not helping.

Dude, if you think the fight to manage the wolf was a tiny, battle was won by sportsman, you've been in a cave. The wolf fight is pale in comparison today than it was a few years ago. We are killing wolves, (management) in 5 states. Trapping, electronic calls, cheap non resident licenses, 5 wolf limits, long seasons, are all part of a big win for us. Nothing tiny there.

That's probably not enough for you. The anti wolf rhetoric is what keeps the wolf lovers busy, and well financed.

You do us all a disservice by being radical.

You shouldn't drink coffee while on the computer.

So lets just stop here? When we all know they are going for more?
The antis are anti-hunting. They will not stop until all hunting is no longer necessary. The wolf was a tool they promoted to get rid of hunting.

I never did say at any point that we need to kill them all, but I also see that this is little battle. I see state control of wildlife management as a minor battle (since it should have been that way from the start).

They anti wolf people are far from done. Out legal seasons to hunt wolves are far from protection. The next big issues are just around the corner and to sit back and think that a hunting season in 5 states means the war is over is very naive and irresponsible.

What happens as the wolves expand their territory? What is plan for wolves in Utah, Colorado? The plains states like N. Dakota, S. Dakota, Ohio, etc. This is far from over and far from settled!

>The wolf is going to stay.
>
>
>The wolf should stay.
>
>The wolf should be managed.
>
>The sooner we, as hunters, take
>a reasonable approach (that wolves
>are part of the ecosystem
>and we can successfully manage
>that ecosystem for total health)
>then the sooner the radical
>antis will also make compromises
>(ammo laws, NEPA battles, ESA
>fights, 2nd amendment arguments).
>
>Seriously, stop crying wolf. It's
>boring and not helping.

This is one of the stupidest things I have ever read on MM.

6263grammar.jpg

When you go swimming in the ocean, it is very cold, and it makes my willy small

LAST EDITED ON Mar-11-13 AT 11:08PM (MST)[p]Elks, as painful as that was for me to read, I'll try and respond.

The courts and laws, not only protect the wolf lovers, but they protect us too. Your right that it will never be totally over, but those are the little battles left. For all practical purposes we have won what war there was left to fight. There will be skirmishes from time to time, but the biggest battle for management is done. If we ever let the wolf population get low enough to have them re listed we deserve what we get. We are forced to keep populations at safe levels for us, and our other wildlife as well.

Maybe it wasn't you, but many people with your same doom and gloom scenario's keep things lively for the past 15 years on the net. I don't know how many cases of beer are owed to me because of pessimistic individuals like yourself, betting me that we would never hunt wolves in the lower 48. Not only are we hunting them, but we are trapping them too, and have a limit of 5. Many nay sayers were right here on MM.

There's wolf plans developed for all the remaining states left in the recovery areas for wolves. Read them if your interested in knowing what those plans call for. It's not scary. You can find all the plans here. Good luck.
http://www.fws.gov/mountain-prairie/species/mammals/wolf/

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom