Kaibab Archery Anyone Else?

U

utaz

I guess I wasn't so lucky when I drew a Kaibab archery permit this year. I saw they had a few tags left over from the draw.

Well, since I have a month to anticiapte the Bab, who elese will be up there this year? The archery hunt is 3 weeks sooner than the last several years with an Aug 22nd start date..

Do you think any of ther deer will be hard horned by Aug 22nd?

UtAz

Looks as if I got that one too. It was a second choice of mine, I didn't have any BP's either. I am very curious as to see how the hunting will be up there without the zoo train. I gave up hunting up there for a while, but I am glad about the draw situation with that unit. I am actually pretty excited to get up there and hunt.

?We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.? Aldo Leopold

It has been a zoo in the past. I think last year was the worst.. I'm also exicted to get up there. I'm sure Blacknight has already scouted and has his blind set-up..

I also made the archery hunt my 2nd choice...

UtAz

Best of luck to all,I put in for the Kaibab achery hunt as my second choice and did not get drawn,I got my third choice which is a dec. whitetail hunt in unit 33,a good hunt but I am going to call game and fish on monday as I do not understand how I did not get my second choice if there are tags left for that hunt. I would gladly give up a whitetail hunt,even in Dec.,in the desert for a archery hunt on the plateau.

I also got kaibab second choice, and I agree about last year. More people than I had ever seen before. I actually left early because ot was such a zoo.

good luck on the platue!

Wow,

That's kinda odd. The only way I can imagine that could happen is if the computer is looking at all the choices (not just first and second) when it does the run down on the BP pass part of the drawing. Could you tell me what tag number you got? If it is in the first 20% of the overall tags given out, you have your answer right there. If that's not the case I don't know what the heck could have happened.

Are you positive you didn't get your numbers crossed up?

Nick

LAST EDITED ON Jul-22-08 AT 09:47AM (MST)[p]vitalzone,

Here's the possible but unlikely scenario:

Your number WASN'T drawn during the first round, which examines ONLY the 1st & 2nd choices. Thus you got neither one.

Now, your number is put back into hopper and goes through the 2nd drawing, which looks at ONLY the 3rd, 4th and 5 th choices. It does NOT recheck your 1st and 2nd choices, regardless if there are permits still available for either. So when your number was drawn, you got picked for the hunt that had available permits of your last three choices.

Update: I just spoke with one of my contacts at AZ G&F. he told me the above scenario can NOT happen. He said if there were still permits left, you should have gotten your 2nd choice because they continue the draw until all applicants have a shot with their 1st & 2nd choices.

So if you haven't already, call G&F and explain the situation. They will look at your application, which is on file. If you didn't make a mistake with hunt #s, etc., they will indeed correct the situation and issue you a Kaibab archery permit. -TONY

I have the same thing happen to me and my sons three times with left over tags.The units we had put in for had left over tags for 4 of our chhoices and no tag.I called game and fish and no one could explaine why i also asked three wardens with no luck.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom