Kaibab late hunt- Average time hunted?

foundation

Very Active Member
Drew a 12B West late deer tag. I see the hunt dates are 11/22-12/01. In a perfect world I would love to hunt the whole ten days, but a new job may have some impact on that.

So question is for people that have hunted the late kaibab hunts, how many days did you hunt before harvesting. I know weather will make a impact, but the first 5 or 6 days or the last 6 days? Thanks for the feedback.

Lets see some pictures as well to get me even more excited for this hunt.

It all depends on what you're looking for. You can be done in 30 min or hunt 10 days with nothing. I've been on 2 (neither my own) and my buddy tagged around Day 5-6 with decent 170 ish bucks. This was in 12AE

>It all depends on what you're
>looking for. You can be
>done in 30 min or
>hunt 10 days with nothing.
>I've been on 2 (neither
>my own) and my buddy
>tagged around Day 5-6 with
>decent 170 ish bucks. This
>was in 12AE
Last year I had 12 A west late hunt, was sick a dog 61 years old I was afraid of getting pnuemonia . First day right before dark killed this guy and Happy as could be . I would of liked to experience more of the Bab. 184....Good luck .............BULL!

LAST EDITED ON Jul-07-19 AT 08:22PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jul-07-19 AT 08:13?PM (MST)

>>It all depends on what you're
>>looking for. You can be
>>done in 30 min or
>>hunt 10 days with nothing.
>>I've been on 2 (neither
>>my own) and my buddy
>>tagged around Day 5-6 with
>>decent 170 ish bucks. This
>>was in 12AE
>Last year I had 12 A
>west late hunt, was sick
>a dog 61 years old
>I was afraid of getting
>pnuemonia . First day right
>before dark killed this guy
>and Happy as could be
>. I would of
>liked to experience more of
>the Bab. 184....Good luck .............BULL!
>https://

96800img08031.jpg

This is the photo that will appear in your post.

>Sorry it took me forever to
>figure out how to post
>the Pic,,,,,,,BULL!

Stud buck for sure. I will have a hard time passing on a buck like that on day one.

Andy I wouldn't even think about hunting until thanksgiving! when I had that hunt they really didn't get rutting hard until then! most people will be gone by then also!

I've been a part of my mother killing a 199 5/8" buck within the first minutes on opening day, my cousin killing a 32" wide buck on day 3 and shooting a decent meat buck 4x5 for myself on the last day of the hunt...
It all depends on weather and how picky you are!
The year I didn't kill until the last day I passed up 180-190" bucks and one could say that was a mistake, and at times I've thought so myself, but that mentality has also allowed me to exceed that 200"+ mark...
My advice is to have the ability to take off as much time as you can!
My lucky ass step dad had a 12aw late tag last year and drew a 12bw late tag this year so maybe we'll see ya up there!!!

Foundation,

I drew the tag this year as well. I am coming in from MN for the whole hunt and likely going solo. I'd be willing to at least stay in touch during the hunt and let you know what I am seeing if you'd do the same. I'd really like to enjoy the time up there watching deer and not kill till after Thanksgiving - but would have a really hard time passing a great buck early. I'd certainly help glass if I did happen to kill early. Shoot me a PM if interested and we can connect.

Jeff

If I had that tag, and time was a factor, I'd hunt the last 6 days for sure.

Let the meat hunters get in there, get it done, and go home. Its the rut, make the most of it!

I'm offering a 10 day hunts up there this year for $3500, fully guided and outfitted.

You get there when you can. I'll be there before the start of the hunt to set up camp and see what's there.

Remember these are 80% Utah deer that have migrated in to Arizona. But more importantly its the rut! Be patient.

Great glass and we vknow the area, that's what we offer!

Don Martin
928-303-9481
Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

>If I had the tag and
>couldn't do the entire hunt
>I would turn it back
>in and go to Idaho
>for half a hunt.

Haha. Interesting concept, but Ill take my chances.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-25-19 AT 00:11AM (MST)[p]The 12A bucks are indeed Kaibab bucks.

The 12B bucks are about 80% Utah bucks and 20% Kaibab bucks who migrate in.

I think this hunter has a 12B West late tag. Definitely will be hunting mostly Utah deer, which isn't all bad, since they come in from the Paunsagunt.

Don Martin
Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom