Keep your nose in you own business

T

tstewy

Well after receiving two phone calls in two dayS I thought I would vent a little bit. Right now we are running a predator contest at our sporting goods store. In the past two days I have been blasted by two different people calling in and telling me how awful our business was for supporting the slaughter of coyotes. We have teamed up with s.f.w and the r.m.e.f to give away a gun and there is a $10 sign up fee all the proceeds go back to prizes. We have only announced that it is a predator contest inside of our sporting goods store. In the other part of our store we refer them to sporting goods to see how they can win a free gun. So these jacka$$ call me up and rip me up one side and down the other. We try to explain that there our other sporting goods stores in the area doing something similar so on and so forth. So than they tell me how we are messing with nature and upsetting the natural balance. Same spill from both so I explain that we are already almost through the contest and we will not be stopping it but we would try to make sure that we only target those in the sporting goods area. Now here is where it gets good after we explain that we will not be stopping they say that they are going to set up a boycott totally fine if that is the way the feel freedom to shop where they want. Than I ask them which part of the basin they are from they say that they are not from here so I ask where they are from and they say its not my concern so I tell them I will research their concerns blah blah. Hang up the phone star 69 them and the area code is from cali. What the hell does anyone that does not live does not see or has nothing to do with the basin. Have the right to threaten my families lively hood because we helped out on a hunting activity!! It makes me sick we as sportsman need to stop fighting each other and which weapons we hunt with which groups we belong to etc and realize these guys are out to get anyone who does anything they deem as objectionable. Sorry for the rant I am sure I will get called again tomorrow I feel there is a concerted effort on this one from outside groups. THEY CAN KISS MY ASS.

The Cedarville, California, Coyote hunt had 125 teams weekend before last, and I believe they charged either $50.00 per team or $50.00 each. A friend I work with and his partner won with 12. Next best was 6. They only took 55 total, Friday night through Sunday afternoon.

My friend had access to a ranch where the cows were calfing. They took half off of that ranch and half after dark.

Wonder if those people called Cedarville too???????

Now you know what we have to deal with out here, and those folks vote, twice if they can. And the ones that aren't gay pro-create too. :-(

You're Right Stewy!

They can KISS OUR ASS!

Got all kinds in the Wicked World We live in!

I would not of been quite as nice as you were to them!:D

Tell em here where we Live they'll have to deal with the Locals,not just the Law Enforcement!

Boycott in the Basin for shootin Coyotes,bet that'd be something they wished they'd of never showed up for!

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

Hot Dog,Hot Damn,I love this Ameri-can

You should just hook up a recording of a deer or rabbit in distress. Just before pushing the button to let them listen to it, tell them this is what it sounds like when one of their sweet little coyotes gets a hold of another animal. Then, just push the button, and let the recording take over the conversation. :)

Good on you Stewy!
I wouldn't worry about the antis. They are all blow and no show, so go get those "yotes" and save a bunch of fawns and calves! I applaud your efforts!
Rick

Hit *69 for each person that calls, list their phone numbers here on the site and try to enlist every MM'er to make a call to them explaining what coyote's do. It could be scheduled so that they are getting random calls every 15 minute's around the clock. Let's see how they like unsolicited calls.

I understand your frustration!

The antis are all over the place and some will disrupt anything
we try to do.

These folks are NOT pro wildlife or pro predator.... they're just anti hunting, anti people, anti America, anti our way of life!

Keep up the good work! We're all in the pot together.

Zeke

tstewy; next time one of them calls, tell them i am one of the main sponcers, and would love to hear from them.'any of you that would like to add to this contest,feel free to do so.,. ...... show tstewy some support,,, he suports you.. elkun, R.M.E.F.

Just got the third call today this is a spported effort by some group. When they call tommorow i will try to see who they are with my guess woould be aspca, peta, or the sirrea club. Getting a little old i assume it will go on until the contest ends next month.

Post up the phone numbers I will be happy to call them. I'm sure it will be a good call. LOL

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Personally I think a boycott would be just the ticket!! I have a bunch of elk in the freezer, we could all get together, camoed up of course, and have a pot luck wild game tailgator at the big boycott!! Winter is always a little boring, a tailgator would be a good time. I am RSVPing today!!

When they came for the road hunters I was not one so I said nothing. When they came for the oppurtunists I was not one so I said nothing. When they came for the public land hunters I was not one so I said nothing. When they came for me there was no one left to say anything!

Tell them you want their address so you can send them the kill photos of all the winners!

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

What is the name of your store? I'm from Oregon and have a son in Cedar City. I will stop in your store and buy as much as I can afford just to help keep America free. My son has heard of a $50.00 bounty legislation. Anybody have info on that. It might not pay the gas to come visit but it sure would be fun to come spend some time with my son and shoot some yotes. DZ

tstewy -

You should be glad all the jackasses in CA are going to boycott your store. Maybe they'll stay home and ruin their own state instead.

I doubt anyone would pay attention from someone in another state. I know I wouldn't.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-28-12 AT 02:15PM (MST)[p]Just tell the callers that you guys are shioping all the furs down here to Arizona cuz were Gona wear em as hats and coats while we sip Jim beam and cavort with questionable women. Lol
I'm sure it's frustrating. We have a law here on harrassme t by phone . trace the number by phone call In a report to local Leo and have charges filed. Simple. Feel for ya
Bugler

Sagebrush, they have already ruined this state!!!!!

The big news here is the Statewide President of the Fish and Game commission, appointed by the Governor, went on a hunt in Idaho and killed a montain lion, legal in Idaho. The antis are trying to get him removed from his position here. WTF? He didn't break any laws but he killed the poor putty cat.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom