Kiabab Archery

B

bbgellerman

Things are slowww lately. Since the draw odds should be around 100% for archery Kiabab, who is going up there this year? Anyone go up last year? This will be the first time I have been up there since it was an OTC tag. Hopefully it will be as good as I expect with the limited archery tags. Lets hear it

It is still a very busy hunt, just less people with actual tags. Lots of quads and helpers in camp. I went last year but not going this year. We did see a few nice bucks but always at night driving back to camp from our evening hunting spots. The main paved road down to the canyon gate had people on it with a few blinds set up right at the tree line on the west side.

Great weather as always.

Lots of Turkey last year as well

Also, the season dates are August 21st to Sept 10th. If I was going to take off 9 days, should I shoot for the first or last part of the season?

I have always been a big fan of being the first person there. check the moon schedule as well. Big moon last year and the deer were very nocturnal

BB be flexible. With that many hunters up there they can and do push them around a bit. If you're not seeing them move lower or higher. They usually start out high and move lower but in archery season it depends on the pressure more than the food source in many areas. GOOD LUCK. It'll still be a circus in some areas I'm sure.

I was up there last year and the year before. It was not nearly as crowded last year as the year before. They should still cut the tags in half i.m.o.

I was there last year! Saw lots of bucks in areas where I normally hunt. Found more deer where a friend of mine told me to check out when things got slow. Opening day was fantastic. Moon or no Moon. I spotted five bucks to take the following morning. I had it all planned out. I thought about it for a minute and passed the option to a friend who had never shot a deer with a bow. The unfortunate thing is that when I told him to be at this particular spot, he arrived in the morning too late. I showed him the bucks bedded down late the previous evening. He left camp to late in the morning and when he arrived all he heard was "Whooooo Hoooooooo, I Got him! OH MY God, I got him"! Someone else shot that big deer 60 yds from where we spotted him the previous night! We both tagged out a few day later! The trip was great! Im hoping to be there again!

We were up there last year as well, buddy had a leftover tag, I went ahead and got the turkey tag. I did end up shooting a bearded hen opening morning, had a little buck underneath me for about an hour hitting the salt and waiting on his picture to get taken (we still had the cam out). We were up there about 3 weeks ago, put seven cams out and seven new salt blocks. I'll be turkeying it this year again unless there are leftovers and I can get one, quite a few buddies put in for it this year. We did see some absolute hummers on the west side of the highway last year, as soon as it's light enough to see they head into the woods. We're headed up again on the 27th to check cams, hopefully the cams are still there and there's some good bucks hittin the salt. Good luck to everyone in the draw!

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom