Late archery elk hunts.

coyoteslayer

I have followed the two late archery threads, here on MM, just wondering what everyone is hearing on how the hunts went. I only know of on tag holder and he did not kill. What is everyone else hearing, and if you had a tag, what were your thoughts on this hunt. I actually put in for one of these hunts but did not draw. Thanks

Two of the three guys on here killed bulls. But my suspicion is that these would be very tough hunts with extremely low success rates.

If you’re a dedicated bow hunter with few points it’s a good option but I wouldn’t burn a lot of points on them unless I had access to private ground or intimate knowledge of the area.

Late season archery elk hunts are extremely tough but incredibly rewarding when you finally connect on a bull.

Guy I know came home empty. He saw some good bulls, but would have shot a rag horn after day 3. The good- lots of stalks, just tough to get close.

No doubt it would be a tough hunt. With as few of tags is there were available, I am not hearing much about success. I am sure it was low, but wondering how low. This hunt intrigues me some, but I do not have a lot of points, and I am sure it would be tough. I felt like if a person bedded a group of bulls, he may be able to sneak into range for a shot when they stood up, but it sounds like crunchy snow and other factors made that difficult.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom